Best set up for freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

I have a new bcd396xlt and still learning about how the groups and sites are set up and will be using freescan. My question is I would like to group the different police agencies together under one quick key then also have each group of police departments each with thier own quick key. I would like to do that with other agencies also, then maybe group fire, police, EMS together from same city under another quick key. Can I do this with out putting in duplicate freqs? Also can I put trunk and conventual systems under the same quick key? Just wanting advice on what works for others. Thanks.

captclint

Mentor
My question is I would like to group the different police agencies together under one quick key then also have each group of police departments each with thier own quick key.Can I do this with out putting in duplicate freqs?
Welcome to RR. I guess you could make one system called "police" with a quick key, and have several groups of police under this system with their own group keys. When you want only one group active, you have to turn off all the group keys except the one group you want. I think this gets awkward. I have similar set up, and I do it with duplicate freq, but only 1 set is active at any one time through quick keys, so it is not scanning duplicate freq's. Copy/paste is so easy with FreeScan, that this is really a better way to select what you really want at any one time.
Also can I put trunk and conventual systems under the same quick key? Just wanting advice on what works for others. Thanks.
Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.