Best size NiMh AA's for the 8200??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast1eddie

Forum, my 8200 gets a fair amount of run time with the Energizers, maybe 10 hours daily-give or take-and would like to know what works best for you. I once used the lithiums, but I felt the run time could have been better.

I rotate two sets of the Evereadys and slow charge them.

The 8200 is pretty much my favorite. I only wish AOR had internalized the voice recorder as Icom has with the R20. AOR cards are expensive, how much does that work out to on a dollar per second basis??? The recorder card only holds 20 seconds. No matter, still a nice rig and it will be interesting to see how this model evolves.

Good Signals,

Ed

SM166

re chargeables are fine SANYO 2300mah or higher giver me ~10hrs without the display light, some eveready dont hold up after a few months dropping down to 1600mah or less,
i dont think AOR supporting any more improvements, there done with it, and no new upgrade is coming

Fast1eddie

Very good. I typically either leave the radio in search or monitor single frequency with the lamp on and am experiencing 10-13 hours. Battery save on at a 8 second cycle. One set of my Evereadys is over 5 years old and still going strong. At one time I was using Eneloops and they were soon acquired by my son. They were great!

Status
Not open for further replies.