Best Software for BCD996P2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best program software for BCD996P2
I use Freescan. It's FREE and it's easy to use.

Enjoy!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Keep in mind that FreeScan is no longer updated (since 2015) and doesn't support the DMR or NXDN options (if you chose to get those)...but it is free as noted.

inetinfo2

I use ProScan as well, never had an issue.
How does ProScan compare to Butel's offerings? Or perhaps the two programs each have their own merits (or are aimed at different use cases.)
I don't want to start a war here, I'm just looking for the best software for a 536HP. I've been doing scanning since the 70's so I no newbie. And I'm not concerned about cost (the two programs appear to be within $10 of each other.)
Being an old guy, what's the best basic description and/or comparison of the two? I've spent time at each of their websites but surely someone has written a review of the two and/or there's a thread (or several) on this topic...
Thanks in advance.
p.s. I only need the software to work for the BCD536 and SDS200.

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
How does ProScan compare to Butel's offerings? Or perhaps the two programs each have their own merits (or are aimed at different use cases.

p.s. I only need the software to work for the BCD536 and SDS200.

Both programs offer a 30-day free trial, so I would highly recommend that you download both and try them, then purchase the one that *you* prefer. I think if you search you can find numerous threads comparing and contrasting them, but it's your money so the opinion that matters is yours.

With that said, I own both. I absolutely love Proscan and use it to program and control several different Uniden scanner models. I have it running on my computer 24x7. But personally I prefer ARC536 for creating and editing favorites lists ... but that's all I use it for.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
ProScan has a free 30-day trial, and it has a 200+ page thread in the scanner software section. ProScan has one version that covers almost every model of Uniden scanner, while Butel has separate versions for each model family, and you have to buy them separately.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
just be sure the software can transfer all systems from RR like DMR. I dont think freescan can. I have been using the Butel suites for all of my uniden scanners. I'm not endorsing any of them , just a matter of preference. I do have the different software for the 4 Uniden scanners i have. The 996 XT and P2 share their ARC-XT Pro software. I like arc because i can run both 996 scanners with 2 instances of the XT Pro controlling the individually. I have not used proscan and i can't speak on them.
Best of Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.