best software for the psr-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeaves726

ok...I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm buying a psr-500 and looking for good programming software for it. Which is best? What do you like/dislike about the software you use?

Thanks in advance.

Also, if there is a thread on this subject already, I would really appreciate a link to it. I couldn't find an actual comparison.

spooney

I have used Don Starrs' free software with many of my R/S scanners and his Win500 for $35.00 is a great program and I highly recommend it.

jeaves726

Thanks for the reply.

Wow, I'm looking at the info and screen shots for Win500. That may be over my head. It looks like a great program with the ability to edit almost everything you could ever need to edit.

I would say that I have a mediocre (maybe even lower) understanding of trunking systems and the digital scanners that track them. I may need something a little more basic.

SCPD

QRT
jeaves726 said:
Thanks for the reply.

Wow, I'm looking at the info and screen shots for Win500. That may be over my head. It looks like a great program with the ability to edit almost everything you could ever need to edit.

I would say that I have a mediocre (maybe even lower) understanding of trunking systems and the digital scanners that track them. I may need something a little more basic.

Just download the 30 day free trial & play with it... you can do this with any of the 3 packages for the PSR 500

mikey60

jeaves726 said:
ok...I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm buying a psr-500 and looking for good programming software for it. Which is best? What do you like/dislike about the software you use?

Thanks in advance.

Also, if there is a thread on this subject already, I would really appreciate a link to it. I couldn't find an actual comparison.

There are three software titles out there at this point:

Win500 (www.starrsoft.com)
PSREdit500 (www.psredit.com)
ARC500 (www.butel.nl)

My suggestion is to try all three (they all provide 30 day free trials) and choose for yourself which is best for you.

Mike

jeaves726

Thanks Alabama and Mike. That would make more sense to try it for myself. I'll know better than anyone else if I like it.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.