BEST SOURCE OF HAM REPEATER LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Start by taking a poll. What is your choice for a source of up to date repeater database web page or app?
I'm liking repeaterbook.
What's yours?

Kaleier1

RepeaterBook is better than nothing, but with some of the listed repeaters there is a website and sometimes that will take you to an amateur radio repeater coordinating group for the area that lists more repeaters with more detailed info.

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Local knowledge. Contact a friendly ham in area of interest and get their list of repeaters actually functioning. Best way to go in my area.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I just checked the Repeaterbook listings for my county.

8 of the 15 listings have incorrect information.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I just checked the Repeaterbook listings for my county.

8 of the 15 listings have incorrect information.
Yep, and to mention, many of RepeaterBook's information is inaccurate and erroneous. The admin for Georgia insists our repeaters have "overstated coverage" because one can't get into it from 30 miles away with their CCR.
Like any crowd sourced data, the information is as only as competent as those in said crowd.

Best method of finding (analog) repeaters is the VFO SCAN feature on most ham radios...

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
Repeaterbook is a primary source for me, especially when traveling. Here in SoCal, I also rely on TASMA and other coordinators and online sources to compare data. I truly miss Kevin Karamonos' Repeater Location Guide booklet.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I usually go straight to the source and go to the repeater coordinator websites. They are usually more up to date. I say usually because I have seen plenty of those that are out of date too. But they are generally more up to date.

danesgs

Here in the DMV Virginia area, its T-MARC's website. They are the repeater coordinators for DC,MD and VA. Repeaterbook is great though to put on your phone.

fineshot1

Any competent ham knows full well that the very best accurate source of ham repeaters for
your area would be whomever the local coordination council is. For my area it would be
ARCC's website. There is NO beating the accuracy of the local council.

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
For me the local club website, the RR DB for my area needs updating all together and the repeaterbook website has some ones no longer used as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.