Best study guide for Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering what study guide would be the best for getting a Technician license. At one time I had the "Now You're Talking" book, but that was several years ago and I'm sure its not up to date on the most recent test.

k3cfc

Silent Key
I was wondering what study guide would be the best for getting a Technician license. At one time I had the "Now You're Talking" book, but that was several years ago and I'm sure its not up to date on the most recent test.

While i am not sure what book you would use now there is a website you can use to take practice tests.

AA9PW FCC Exam Practice

Good luck.

travisd

I did mine entirely using the QRZ.com "practice" tests (which, like most of the others, are the actual pool of questions used on the real test). I ran them when I had free time (like sitting in front of the TV in the evening) until I had seen all the questions, and gotten them all right at least once. After a string of passing every time reliably, I moved on and did the same with General - it was not much of a stretch. For a few of the questions that involve formulas (Ohm's Law, freq <> wavelength) I went and looked up the relevant info and learned it in a generic fashion so I could actually find the answer when needed.

YMMV - people learn in different ways. It also goes without saying that it serves you (and the Ham community) best if you actually understand the material, not just memorize answers to the test. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.