Best Uniden digital scanner of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So to be right on topic here, and me being a longtime New York resident on Long Island and Grand Niagara Falls, you are one of those people who could actually buy one of those $98 scanners, brand new. You are listening to mostly conventional VHF and some UHF frequencies.

I actually got the impression from the other New York poster, in your area the state police are actually on a dual frequency VHF system where the base is on one VHF frequency and the mobile is on another. I'm not sure as I'm only going by the database and what the other poster said.

Who is to say what the future will bring and you would be future-proofing yourself by getting an SDS radio. For now it looks like you could do with an inexpensive perhaps used non digital radio. I'm not sure because I'm not there but... as a prospective buyer take it for what it's worth.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
When it comes to technology, go as high as your budget allows. You might not need all the bells and whistles right now but down the road you might. I got my SDS100 3 days ago and i am satisfied with my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.