Not open for further replies.

Dale40

Hello,
I just moved back to Vermillion South Dakota
and I need to know what model Uniden scanner
would be the best to use
thank you

B_Mitchell

any digital Uniden scanner will work for monitoring the state system.
from the older digital ones such as the BC-250 and BC-785 (if they have the digital card)
the BC-296 and BC-796, the current ones in production are the BC-396 and BC-996.

bbtkd

Feed Provider
I would like to listen to local police,fire,city,ems, for Clay and surrounding counties.

While there are earlier models (BC250, BC296, BC785D, BC796D), I'd stick with the BCD396XT for handheld, or BCD996T for base/mobile. Those earlier models listed above had some issues, particularly with motorboating. The BCD396T also had motorboating issues, but they are fixed in the BCD396XT. The BCD996T had motorboaring issues that were fixed in a recent firmware update. The BCD996XT is great too, but in my mind not worth the extra $. You can pick up a used BCD996T on Ebay for around $300 if you are patient. A BCD396XT is pretty rare to find used, so may as well get it new for $475 to $500. I have owned most of these models at one point.

I should also point out that you would not need to buy anything since there is someone feeding that area through radioreference.

Status
Not open for further replies.