Best vendor for BCD396T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristisphoto

Scanners unlimited...

Well as far as actual base prices,
Scannersunlimited has a deal where you if you buy online or phone as well, (I think) lol
Then the Uniden BCD396T is cheaper..
It costs more if you buy in person....
I DO KNOW it is cheaper to buy online.
Great people as well

I was impressed by their friendliness ,and their williness to answer my questions.
than to try and throw something at me and then get annoyed when I simply ask them a question. LOL
Scannersunlimited was NOT like that.
They were down too Earth.
Anyhow ultimatly you have too mmake your own conclusions buut
If I was HEad honcho in charge LOL
Then I would command you to order from Scannersunllimited...
Anyways I hope this helps
Crista

cristisphoto

Scanners unlimited...

Yep thats the guy I spoke and dealt with LOL
after six years of dealing with rude Californians in general
It was nice to have somone whom appreciates people...
Of course up until now all my scanner have Radioshacks because I wasn't sure of a "local"
Scanner/ham radio store that I could Physically walk in...
So not too ramble or get anyone upset at me getting offf topic buuut
I swear as long as Scannersunlimited is around, then, that is where my money will go to.
I might move ,(in otherwords ,Flee California in about a year or so..) lOl
ANyways when I do leave
I wil miss Scanners unlimited ...
Of course they have mail order etc soo
BUt still..

Yeah so evryone if you want people whom know their business are origianal
Not some corporate chain that is eating up these types of people
then well
Please, for the love of every scanner enthusiast ,
shop scannerunlimited ,
or at least someone like them.....

cheers
and happy scanning,
Crista

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
As eluded to by most of the posters in one way or another, the best deal isn't always the cheapest. Be willing to part with a few extra $$ to deal with a vender that treats you well, responds to requests for service, and doesn't gouge on Shipping/Handling.

Dorpmuller

bwhite said:
As eluded to by most of the posters in one way or another, the best deal isn't always the cheapest. Be willing to part with a few extra $$ to deal with a vender that treats you well, responds to requests for service, and doesn't gouge on Shipping/Handling.

You gotta be kidding... they want $30.00 for UPS ground? I'll never deal with anyone that gouges shipping.

UPS ground for a scanner costs about 5 bucks.

I'd really love one of these but 500$ for a scanner... that's kinda tough.

I'm in central Pa. and there's no one within driving distance that's a dealer where I can try one first.

Rich

Last edited:

rfaricy

I will only buy from Glenn @ scannersunlimited. He is the best guy I have ever dealt with (I mean that in a general sense; not just for scanner purchases)!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
rfaricy said:
I will only buy from Glenn @ scannersunlimited. He is the best guy I have ever dealt with (I mean that in a general sense; not just for scanner purchases)!

Also add , the most expensive out there. I'm sure you're a great guy Glenn, but I never understand why you're prices are $30-$40 higher.

servo_fan

I never see them mentioned here, but I've bought several scanners from Scanner World since the late 1980's. I've never had any issues with them and will probably buy from them again when I eventually move up to the 396. Right now they have the 396 for $510 + $13.75 shipping.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Scanners Unlimited

I shop at Scanners Unlimited because
1. Glenn is a super nice guy
2. Support a local business
Glenn's prices may not be the lowest around, but if friendship and service has no value to you, then I am sure you can find lower prices on the web.
Many of you may not have had the pleasure of visiting Glenn's shop, I have. Really enjoy making the 40-minute car trip. Also, located in a great part of the of the SF peninsula.

vince48 :)

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Scanners Unlimited isn't always the cheapest, but I'll second that Glenn is a very reputable and friendly. It's nice supporting small businesses when you get the chance. :)

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Some Places For You To Look

I bought my BCD396T at Ham Radio Outlet (HRO). They are reputable and nationwide.

I found that the best way is to do a little research - do some cyber shopping before you buy. I have a list of bookmarks for the BCD396T I have listed for you below to get you started. Some may not work anymore (because they don't sell it anymore), but I am sure that most of them work. By the way, the first one, Communications Electronics, has one of the best prices for this scanner and they are pretty reputable. Hope this helps.

Communications Electronics Inc. - BCD396T - Call 1-800-USA-SCAN to order
6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming BCD-396T
BCD-396T
bcd396t.org –
bcd396t.org - Content
Beach Audio - Uniden Bcd-396t 5500-channel Trunk Tracker Iv Hand-held Digital Scanner (uniden Bcd396t)
Buy > Uniden BCD-396T 5500-Channel Trunk Tracker IV Hand-Held Digital Scanner
Buy.com - Uniden BCD-396T 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming
CB Radios - Uniden 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming BCD-396T
Dick's Sporting Goods - Uniden BCD-396T Compact Handheld Scanner
Emart Inc.
FADFUSION.COM: Uniden BCD-396T 5500-Channel Truck Tracker IV Hand-Held Digital Scanner
GI JOE"S - Police Scanner Radio - Uniden BCD396T
HiTechWireless - BCD396T
SBHcorp.com - Discount Uniden BCD396T - Compact Handheld Scanner With Dynamic Memory APCO 25 Digital Scanner
Sports Authority - Uniden BCD-396T Compact Handheld Scanner
Triointernational - BCD396T UNIDEN BCD-396T TRUNK TRACKER DIG SCNNR UNIDEN
Uniden - BCD-396T - 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming
Uniden - BCD-396T - 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming - BCD-396T
Uniden - BCD-396T - 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming - BCD-396T
Uniden 5500-Channel Trunk Tracker IV Hand-Held Digital Scanner BCD-396T
Uniden 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming BCD-396T
Uniden BCD396T
Uniden BCD-396T 5500-Channel Trunk Tracker IV Hand-Held Digital Scanner
Uniden BCD-396T 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming
Uniden BCD-396T 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming
Uniden BCD-396T 6000-Channel Hand-Held Digital Scanner with PC Control/Programming, TrunkTracker IV
uniden bcd396t compact scanner BCD396T radios

Last edited:

Bill2k

hotdjdave said:
I bought my BCD396T at Ham Radio Outlet (HRO). They are reputable and nationwide.http://www.thetwistergroup.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=BCD396T L01639&source=fr

I bought from the same company because of the reasons you mentioned and they are right down the street from me. I knew if I had a problem or question about the scanner after I bought it, I could take the scanner to them and have my problem solved pretty much same day.

The store in Salem NH has some very friendly and knowledgable people working there. I will always go there before buying online. Its too bad they can't make a better online catalog.

EDIT: Grammer

wjf

hotdjdave said:
I bought my BCD396T at Ham Radio Outlet (HRO). They are reputable and nationwide.

I found that the best way is to do a little research - do some cyber shopping before you buy. I have a list of bookmarks for the BCD396T I have listed for you below to get you started. Some may not work anymore (because they don't sell it anymore), but I am sure that most of them work. By the way, the first one, Communications Electronics, has one of the best prices for this scanner and they are pretty reputable. Hope this helps.

Dick's Sporting Goods - Uniden BCD-396T Compact Handheld Scanner

Sports Authority - Uniden BCD-396T Compact Handheld Scanner

Stay away from the above two clowns - same company. Lousy service. You'd probably get a damaged unit and have a lot of trouble returning it (you can't take it to a store).

Communications Electronics Inc. - BCD396T - Call 1-800-USA-SCAN to order

CEI is a great company to do business with.

Status
Not open for further replies.