Best VHF SMA Rubber Duck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbritton1201

Captain1201
I have a Retevis RT29 handheld radio, and this version of the RT29 is strictly VHF. I have some VHF amateur radio repeater frequencies, a few amateur radio simplex frequencies, and some local public safety frequencies programmed into the handheld for monitoring purposes (receive only-151.XXXX Mhz.- 159.XXXX Mhz. range). I would like to upgrade the SMA rubber duck to one that will perform better than the factory supplied rubber duck. Recommendations?

prcguy

If its got a recessed male SMA then take a look at the tapered wide band Motorola VHF antenna. I believe it covers 136-174MHz and works very well.

I have a Retevis RT29 handheld radio, and this version of the RT29 is strictly VHF. I have some VHF amateur radio repeater frequencies, a few amateur radio simplex frequencies, and some local public safety frequencies programmed into the handheld for monitoring purposes (receive only-151.XXXX Mhz.- 159.XXXX Mhz. range). I would like to upgrade the SMA rubber duck to one that will perform better than the factory supplied rubber duck. Recommendations?

Golay

If its got a recessed male SMA then take a look at the tapered wide band Motorola VHF antenna. I believe it covers 136-174MHz and works very well.
Would you know a Moto part number for this antenna? Thanks.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I use a legit Motorola PMAT4001A antenna. I use that on my APX 7000xe dual band and XTS5000 VHF only radio. That antenna is fantastic for VHF, considering it is a small compromised antenna. The antenna is a VHF/UHF and GPS combo antenna and I believe it is under $50. As previously noted, it works with a recessed male SMA connector.

FKimble

Plus 2 on the smiley. Using NOAA stations, when switching to a Smiley 5/8s, centered on the HAM band, I picked up 2 stations that before were barely audible. that now are very clean and easy to listen to. Also during my morning walk, I now get reports of sounding much.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.