Best way to convert programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I have had a 396 since 2005, and I'm close to making a transition to the 500. I have LOADS of stuff programmed into the 396 via ARC396.

Can anyone suggest the best way to convert the data from the 396 to the 500 so I can keep the raw-typing to a minimum?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
There are several options,

1) run ARC396 and ARC500 at the same time and copy/paste the frequency/id/tag columns
2) in ARC500 use the CSV import and load your ARC396 system file(s) and then copy/paste from the import window.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

W2SJW

Database Admin
OK, here's a neat trick I discovered last night:

#1 - I took one of my ARC396 MEM files and just re-named it as a .csv file. Excel 2007 opened it up just fine!
#2 - I saw how the TGID's were to the left of the alpha-tags, just as they are viewed on the screen in ARC396. I copied the TGID's & pasted them to the right of the alpha-tags. Then I selected both columns in one big 'copy' selection.
#3 - Go into Win500 and paste that raw data right into the TGRP section, and low-and-behold, everything lined up just fine!

I used web-import to create the TSYS basics, and this little trick is going to save me HOURS of typing!

Status
Not open for further replies.