Best way to monitor digital...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

On the 996xt, what would be the best way to monitor the fire regions of montgomery county, pa as well as the digital pd's(44pd and 32pd)....all in the same group or under the same quick key?... and how many frequencies can be programmed under a single quick key?.....just wanna have these things figured out prior to my purchase, how do the rest of you have urs organized..???

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello,
I do not monitor Montco (can't from Wilmington DE) but had the same issues down here where everything is trunked and digital. The capability of 200TG's per bank is a wonderful thing.

I made bank 1 my PD / Law enforcement bank and the 10 groups within that bank slice up the groups like this:
QK 1,2,3 State police / tac channels / dispatch + aviation
4,5 County police dispatch, Tac's
6 Sheriff, courthouse, probation groups
7 Emergency management, Nat'l guard, EOC
8 inter-op channels
9 local PD's TAC channels
10 University of Delaware

Bank 2 is all fire and EMS
QK 1 FD dispatch, ops channels
2 EMS dispatch, ops, aviation
3 Med channels to hospitals
4,5,6 FD company private channels
7 fire marshall and similar groups
8 interops channels

Having fire and PD in one group down here just does not work for day to day monitoring but splitting the system up into easy to access (1 button push) groupings is the key.

I also have a 3rd bank of TG's for non FD/PD related stuff but then we have something like 750TG's on our system of which around 400 are monitorable from Wilmington any given week.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Q-ball

Dave, that helps me tremendously, as im still trying to rasp the concept of quickkeyes and groups and all, as im so used to just doing banks. Im trying to see how i would most benefit from organizing the montgomery county, pa systems and channels into quickkeys....i would also like to put some PHILA. monitoring in there. but ur example is something i can work with for organizational purposes.

Q-ball

it is only possible to have one TG per quik key right?....in the 396 uniden models.?

Status
Not open for further replies.