Best way to program/organize Nascar freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weisej

I will be going to a Nascar race in April and have a WS 1088 scanner but unsure what is the best way to organize and use this scanner at the races? Is it best to put all the freq of the drivers in one bank or split them up a different way?

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Depending on how large banks can be.. 1 bank truck 2nd bank xfinity 3rd bank cup

I have multiple radios so it makes it much easier for me.. each has dif banks and ways to set it up.. uniden230 uniden 330 re3000 re1000 or switch.. I use uniden 330,230 for vhf and uhf tracks. Re3000 is OTA programmed for nascar indy.. Re1000 and switch I mainly have media-officials

With that scanner I'd make each bank a series.. I find listening to all the drivers a pain too much I choose a few. Add MRN PRN 454.000, or.the tv audio and have a driver or two on priority

I'm sure another fan here has that radio that could give u exact ways to program that specific radio

weisej

Thats what I was wondering if it is best to program just a few drivers or else it seems it would be chaotic keeping up with all the communications.

evilbrad

I wish I could find this old diagram jpg file it would explain back feeding. Well better then me.. It is using a two way splitter so u can listen to a second radio at same time. You leave the am fm radio or scanner radio audio on. Then the other radio has drivers it cuts on over the top of the radio audio.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
So it depends. I have both my scanners with all channels. I started on CH1 and went to 100. That way all i do is hit manual 24 and its on William Byrons Car. Channel 101-200 are the backup channels. This is simple for the wife to follow on her scanner as well. Normally she has it locked on 1 or two cars.

I only scan the main and backup of the car I am following and not all. I also have NASCAR as priority. I run the switch with NASCAR also in my second port on my headsets.

Depending on the race much more than one car you will miss alot. Especially short tracks or road courses as there is alot of chatter.

As reference the above is how Racing Electronics programs scanners if purchased or programmed by them also.

evilbrad

Do you have a photo of your headset kb2ztx. Your headset has two plugs for each twoway and one scanner jack?

4 dif nascar scanners I recommend and use

Top two "Re1000"
Rectangular box "ReSwitch"
Cellphone looking one "ReLEGEND" scanner. All only pickup 450-470mhz

Since this thread is basically entry level questions about nascar scanners, Then I guess I'm not to far off thread topic. So, I will mention few basic items.This one being scanner audio amp. This is needed to hear at alot of race tracks. Along with some headset with noise reduction.

For Autoracing equipment, please see Racescanner.com Racingradios.com
Racingelectronics.com ( I do not own or work for any site mentioned)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-224626_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-224626_Gallery.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210330-223253_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330-223253_Gallery.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 45

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I dont have pics but its this headset. I have the older model but still works flawlessly.

evilbrad

This would be a good question since u worked in twoway.. if I have a 5pin one port can I add on a switch splitter to allow another twoway?

evilbrad

I'd like to know who keeps combining all my thread posts to one long run on post?

Status
Not open for further replies.