Best way to update database and firmware is.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
(Hope I have this in the right sub-forum. Still trying to find my way around the new set-up).

Impatience finally got the better of me today and I ordered a BCD536HP. Should arrive Monday.

I know Upman has stated that one of the first things to do is update the firmware, along with the wi-fi dongle.

For the firmware and database updates, is it best to leave the microSD card in the scanner and connect it to the computer via the USB cable, or can I take the microSD card out and insert it into the computer's memory card slot?

Is there any "preferred" method that has advantages over another way, or will both work equally as well?

Thanks in advance for any information provided.

:)

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
You can do it either way.

I personally leave the cards in my scanners. Never need to worry about breaking them or possibly losing them.

Some folks take multiple cards with them and change them out.

So, it is more or less up to you.

JoeyC

I have never touched the SD card in mine and haven't had any of the problems that I read other people are having. One thing you should be sure to do is leave the scanner plugged in as he requested for the full 50 hours or expect to set the clock every time you turn it on and/or other possible issues.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it's best just to leave the card in the scanner, so that's what I'll do. Why run the risk of corrupting the card.

Thanks again.

:)

AC2OY

Scanner guy be aware if you are going to take that little bugger out(SD card), be careful!! I actually used a tiny pliers because it has to pop in and pop out! Only reason I took mine out was to use the micro sad card adapter to put files on or in the card. Be very gentle not to damage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.