• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Beta FW Comments Sought

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
My bad. Yeah, I meant, those who have gotten the first run of the FW. I've always thought Beta was the version before the finished release.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
My bad. Yeah, I meant, those who have gotten the first run of the FW. I've always thought Beta was the version before the finished release.
Alpha testing is first with a narrow user base and then several stages of Beta level testing with broader user bases before an official release. In this case, if the FW is still in Alpha, there is no "first run" as it has not even entered the beta stage yet.
Beta is generally the final test stage before a release becomes official.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
No, we can talk about some things. we are in Alpha and hope for another release end of next week.
Main thing in this very first release I am doing HOLD on TG and also scan between 2 or more systems.

Last edited:

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Is there another thread were the Beta testers are commenting on the FW so far?
How is it working out?

Is it pretty much what Unication has advertised it would do?

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Like Jeff said, TG Hold works as does multi-system scanning. I've also been testing the TG delay and some of the TG lockout features. I'd say these new features have been "roughed in" and it takes some extra steps to activate them. But keep in mind this is an alpha release, which means everything isn't perfect yet - this is to be expected.

Regardless, these new features are looking very promising!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Are ye ol alpha testers considering, suggesting, or evaluating keypress duration length as it affects the usability of the operations of the new features? Motorolas typically have a long keypress duration of 750ms, longer would be advisable for things like recorder playback, but for normal functions, 750 feels about right.

I wonder if it is possible to impliment a Motorola like priority function, where the radio would monitor the CC data and switch to a preprogrammed priority talkgroup instead of just giving preference to a priority talkgroup if seeing several scan list channel grants.

Paul

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I cant answer this yet as I only have a G4 model.I am thinking it will as when we hear a TG we save them to a scan list.So we can save a 800 mhz TG when searching on a 800 MHz CC.
So when you would search on a CC that is 450 when you hear a TG you would hit save and that would save that 450 TG to another scan list.
Scan list are saved TG so you can save dif systems TG or dif site TG to separate scan list, then scan all made scan list.You check the ones to scan.

I know confusing stay tuned for more I hope more update firmware this coming weekend.
Example I saved Evansville Police disp(EVV p-25 system) to a scan list I cal it 1.VANDERBURGH COUNTY SYSTEM.
Then I saved a TG ISP dist 35 DISP TG on Evansville site to a scan list 2.SAFET SYSTEM
Last I saved same ISP dist 35 DISP TG on Henderson site to a scan list 3.SAFET SYSTEM
Another way to say this and maybe Eric or Tom will add to this,We save TG to scan list based on CC freq.
If say I am saving a TG that is on 2 dif CC it will save to 2 dif scan list .You cant save a TG twice on same CC pager will show DUPLICATE.
So above I saved 3 TG that are on 2 dif systems and also on 3 dif sites.
Oh wow I bet i really confused all?
More later.

Will the multi system scan work on two different band systems, on my g5 I have a 450-520 system I want to listen to and a 700-800 system will it switch between them

Status
Not open for further replies.