Bethlehem City Police & EMS now Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing them in the clear on my G4, SDS 100, and Icom R-30. Early on when nosoup4u posted, it did appear they went encrypted. I turned on the G4 over the weekend and there they were.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
OP: Did you verify the ENC report with your own scanner or did you "hear it through the grapevine"? Perhaps they're only partially encrypting ops?
If John says it was encrypted when he first posted, then it was encrypted, and you can take that to the bank. You can be sure that he was personality monitoring it when he created this thread, as he's not one to speculate or start baseless rumors as some around here are prone to do.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Looks like Police is back to being encrypted for the most part. Dispatch is in the clear still, but 98% of all the other traffic is encrypted. EMS so far is still in the clear.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I see the hospital talkgroups listed as full encrypted however there is a calls node with recordings of activity.

So are they encrypted or not 35,36,37,38

Man, what a bummer indeed. I had originally purchased my scanner just to listen to P25 in Bethlehem. Allentown PD is encrypted, now Bethlehem. I'm almost thankful that NorCo is still on a conventional system.

Status
Not open for further replies.