Bethlehem P25 System will be transferred to Northampton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The article is about 911 call taking being transferred to the county. It mentions nothing about the P25 radio system.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
The article is about 911 call taking being transferred to the county. It mentions nothing about the P25 radio system.

You don't think the statement :"Bethlehem City Council Tuesday is expected to agree to the sell Northampton County its 911 communications system and software for nearly $1.4 million." means that the P25 System and software will be transferred to and operated by Northampton County? Also the article mentions "The equipment transfer still must be approved by Northampton County Council."

How about this: "The agreement also calls for the transfer of the FCC license to the county."

And this: "The transfer of operations to Northampton County has been a complicated process the cities and counties have been working out since the state passed a law nearly four years ago that put a sunset provision on the funding for the city-run systems."

IMHO, the article certainly does mention the P25 radio system including the sale of said system to Northampton County.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Northampton County began dispatching Bethlehem Fire on the analog system this morning. PD and EMS are also now being dispatched by Northampton County. I heard a two tone set on the P25 System to alert EMS. The tones sounded great. Kind of strange hearing Northampton County dispatchers on the Bethlehem system.

edisonfire

So no station specific tones for Bethlehem? Each run causes every station to be notified? BTW, your tone out database is wonderful thanks for sharing. Do you have Lehigh and other counties set up like that?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Correct, no station specific tones. Thanks for the comments, I've been wanting to work on the surrounding counties, just haven't taken the time.

Steveradio

Looking for a decent mobile unit that will cover phase II trunking they are using, suggestions welcome?
Price prefer $150 to $250 if possible, from what been researching not really.

I have the Pro96 but its only a phase I scanner, Looking at a cheap mobile to replace a mobile unit. Maybe the pro197?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Bethlehem is still on the Phase I system, Allentown has gone Phase II. Yeah, from a quick search, even used, the Phase II capable are ridiculously priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.