TRX-1: better antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Can anyone recommend a better antenna than the stock antenna for the TRX-1?

most of what i scan is UHF and UHF/700/800 TRS as well in nyc. I do not like the metal antenna's.
I'd like something like the rubber antenna i have with it, but something with better gain.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
RS still sells their 800 Mhz duckie, and as I understand it, it works OK for UHF too. But don't judge on gain alone - in fact, you might want less, not more, gain with all the RF floating around in NYC. Too much antenna and it will almost certainly overload

Mike

DJ11DLN

+1 for the RS duck. It's spec'd as a unity-gain antenna...but it works incredibly well on both 800 and UHF, and isn't bad at all on VHF-Hi.

ebplayer

I just bought this antenna yesterday from a local store going out of business. Was able to get it for $22 out the door. It performs very well on 700, 800, and UHF as well.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I'm finding the little antenna packaged with the TRX1 works pretty dang good. Better than the antenna that came with my Uniden BDC396xt. Or, it is just better suited/matched for the Whistler ?? Actually, I'm finding the Whistler is receiving most bands better than the uniden, except the WX band. Uniden is doing better on WX. (sorry, talking out loud ... !)

Status
Not open for further replies.