Better HF filters... where to get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitaux8030

Silent Key
I'm looking at doing some upgrades to a newly arrived HF receiver, a Ten Tec 1254. I already have a candidate SSB filter, a Murata CFJ455K13.
Now its time to look for a matching quality AM filter, as TT decided to substitute a lower-spec plastic case filter in place of the original metal case CFR455-I. The question is: where can these sorts of filters be purchased? CFK/CFR/CFL/CFM 455-I filters would all be OK for this application I think.

The sticking point is that the supplier would need to be happy shipping outside CONUS... otherwise Universal-Radio could supply me a CFM455-I, but they won't send to my part of the world. Mouser & Digikey don't have any I bandwidth filters unfortunately. Any suggestions on where to find them?

Apologies in advance if this is being asked in the wrong sub-forum.

nanZor

You could also check with KIWA electronics:

Kiwa Electronics

Their 455 khz individual, standard and premium filter modules might do the trick. I'd make contact and see if they would ship to you.

mitaux8030

Silent Key
Thanks for the suggestions. Kiwa don't have quite what I'm looking for, and Inrads cheapest 455 kHz filters are the Collins mechanical filters, a bit too fancy for whats needed. One solitary supplier from the UK has responded, where as everyone else has ignored my requests, so have ordered from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.