Better mobile scanner??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
Which would be a better mobile scanner, the Pro-97 or BC350A? Now I know the Pro-97 has more features & I do not use trunking. I just want to know which woould do better on a mobile antenna?

N8IAA

Which would be a better mobile scanner, the Pro-97 or BC350A? Now I know the Pro-97 has more features & I do not use trunking. I just want to know which woould do better on a mobile antenna?
The only factor that I can perceive that the 350A would be better, is audio out of the speaker. That is, it can have an external speaker plugged in. Otherwise, the 97 has a ton more stuff to make your listening more enjoyable: CTCSS/DCS, 1000 channels that can be programmed versas 50 on the 350A, alphatags, better service search. But, which do you prefer: Either will work on an external antenna.
Larry

tneff

I have both and both serve their purpose, depends on which serves your specific purpose the best.Test them both, and see which one you like the best. My 350A, is only used to cover one specific dept. The Pro97 gives you the ability to be mobile on foot if you so choose to be, the 350A does not. In my case, the 350A does better on a fixed outdoor antenna, compared to my mobile rig in my truck. Flexibility in programming of the 97 makes it versatile in many areas, and many applications depending on your listening preference. I have 9 different areas programmed in my 97, and only one in my 350.

Astrak

The only factor that I can perceive that the 350A would be better, is audio out of the speaker. That is, it can have an external speaker plugged in. Otherwise, the 97 has a ton more stuff to make your listening more enjoyable: CTCSS/DCS, 1000 channels that can be programmed versas 50 on the 350A, alphatags, better service search. But, which do you prefer: Either will work on an external antenna.
Larry

Why couldn't you connect an external speaker to the 97? You can plug an external speaker to a 97 through the headphone output if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.