BEU Local Net - Which helicopter to where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scankid2591

Was anyone listening to BEU Local Net about 15 minutes ago? Which helicopter just got dispatched? To where?

I caught the freqs they told the helo, though...
Air Tactics - 161.150
Ground - 170.000 (USFS A/G?)

*Correction* Not 161.150... but 169.150 (Air Tactics 2?)

Last edited:

EMSJUNKY

unknown-- but if the incident is working on federal land, they may be using one of the fed air tactics... maybe a fire in pinnicles or yosemite? let me know if u hear anything

BirkenVogt

CDF helicopters are numbered by the first two digits of the ranger unit separated by a zero. So 205 is from unit number 25 and that is Tehama-Glenn. Therefore 406 is from San Benito-Monterey. I have it listed as Bear Valley.

Now 902 would be from unit number 92 but there is no such unit. I think it is a spare helicopter.

Birken

scankid2591 said:
Hmm... Isn't 406 based in Paicines? Where's 902 from?

yup Pinnacles is in the Bear Valley area. As far as copter902 I don't where it was from it was at the fire here in Soledad last saturday.

scankid2591

Pinnacles? :confused:

I said Paicines... LOL

BirkenVogt said:
Now 902 would be from unit number 92 but there is no such unit. I think it is a spare helicopter.

I actually just heard BEU Local Net talking to a Unit 9211...

Last edited:

brushfire21

Feed Provider
Copter Numbering

CDF doesn't operate a copter 902. My suspicion is its a CWN Copter (Call When Needed) or a private contractor supplied copter. CDF does have reserve copters, and what ever unit has that reserve copter puts an "R" after the copter # to designate that its a reserve (copter-104R/copter-205R). Alot of the times on private copters only the last 2-3 letters of the tail number are used, and that is probaly what is happening here.

BirkenVogt

Actually I think 902 is a spare stationed at McClellan Park here in Sacramento. I hear them flight following with Sacramento ECC on CDF command 1 all the time. That numbering scheme definitely does not fit with the USFS though.

Ah here it is, I found this frequency/unit assignment list from 1990 and it lists a Copter 901 as a "roving spare". So it would stand to reason that it might have changed to 902.

Birken

scankid2591

Two questions:

1. What's the Paicines helo's #?

2. What's close (in relation to city or state/national park) to Bear Valley?

scankid2591 said:
Two questions:

1. What's the Paicines helo's #?

2. What's close (in relation to city or state/national park) to Bear Valley?

1.no helo
2. Pinnacles, Hollister is to south of Bear Valley

scankid2591

ScannerDude244 said:
1.no helo
2. Pinnacles, Hollister is to south of Bear Valley

I always thought that there was a CDF helo based in Paicines...

That base is only 12 miles from Paicines. I was somewhat close ;)

Were you listening to BEU today? There were like 3 fires this morning! (But then I went dirtbiking in Santa Nella at like 2 in the afternoon... It was extremely cloudy yet it was 112 degrees... Ouch!)

Status
Not open for further replies.