BEWARE/HEADS UP

WA3CSX

Premium Subscriber
over on the selling post there is somebody selling/trade a G5 and a SDS 100.Beware this could be a scammer,only because I had a bad dealing with someone from Iowa and this person just joined on 8/25. I could be wrong (I have been known to be wrong).Just trying to help others in not getting scammed like I need.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
over on the selling post there is somebody selling/trade a G5 and a SDS 100.Beware this could be a scammer,only because I had a bad dealing with someone from Iowa and this person just joined on 8/25. I could be wrong (I have been known to be wrong).Just trying to help others in not getting scammed like I need.

WebsterCoFire?

WA3CSX

Premium Subscriber
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: what a scumbag. But I forwarded all my info,emails and pics to iowas state police never heard from them :(:(

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Unfortunately most local/state police agencies won’t respond, they have bigger priorities, they will refer you to a federal agency internet crimes unit maybe?

If payed through PayPal you can get your money back if your smart and have documentation. Unfortunately RadioRefrence “ lost” ?? the classified feedback section when they switched to their new format. It would be nice to have a “ good guys” section on the classified so buyer can be somewhat sure of who they are dealing with. Buyers do your homework, call, check your buyer out First before you send funds, save you the headache of trying to get funds back.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Unfortunately most local/state police agencies won’t respond, they have bigger priorities, they will refer you to a federal agency internet crimes unit maybe?

If payed through PayPal you can get your money back if your smart and have documentation. Unfortunately RadioRefrence “ lost” ?? the classified feedback section when they switched to their new format. It would be nice to have a “ good guys” section on the classified so buyer can be somewhat sure of who they are dealing with. Buyers do your homework, call, check your buyer out First before you send funds, save you the headache of trying to get funds back.

I thought the was the classifieds feedback forum? Or am I missing something?

belvdr

No longer interested in living

Doh, ignore me. I missed the word feedback. There is a classifieds feedback section too.

WA3CSX

Premium Subscriber
so I was checking on the for sale board,and noticed our "friend's" ads were no longer there.Now don't know if the law has caught up to him(HIGHLY DOUBTFUL) or has swindle someone else :unsure::unsure::unsure:

WA3CSX

Premium Subscriber
:mad: :mad: oops I stand corrected,now he is trying to sell or trade a G3 . Stating he got it thinking it could do P1&2 :rolleyes::rolleyes:, but the ad for SDS 100 is definitely gone.

Triple6Ham

Looks like I was the one to get bit.
Iowa number, username is LisaOli
Darn this really stinks. Idk why I fell for it, I do a lot of transactions and should’ve gone with my gut feeling on initial comms.
lots of texts and even a phone conversation.
but one week in and no radio but lighter $500.

Triple6Ham

Maybe site staff can let me know or I’ll read forums rules but I do have a name, email address, and some text comms.
Pretty sure I’m out $500 but holding out a small hope for this to rectify.
@LisaOli, let’s make this right

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Interesting...

Victim was "Lisa Olivier" (LisaOli???), happened in Iowa (where the pictures seem to indicate the items for sale are) and an item another victim bought for the crook was a "ham radio". Hmm...

Triple6Ham

nice find
I actually talked to him (or someone) for 20 minutes today. excuses on why hasn't delivered, going to post office to look into it, yada yada
thats the weird part, why the constant comms ? you've already got the money.