Beware of Headlinemen52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymuller

Attempted to buy a uniden sds from member headlinemen52 that he has posted. First he attempted to get me to pay him then he would ship it. I balked and said no unless we do Paypal G/S. He did not want to use PayPal but said how about cash app and I told him no again. Told me he found his paypal and I sent the money G/S withe the agreement of it be shipped 12/26 which he has failed to do. Requested my money back and he has said he would do it and still has not done so. Advice anyone?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'd give him a day or two because USPS is closed on the 26th this year and the day after Christmas is usually chaos anyway. Otherwise, turn it over to PayPal. If you used the "Goods and Services" option, you should be covered.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
We got no mail delivery yesterday, perhaps USPS was off? Deliveries are slow this week. Hope the transaction goes well.

n0esc

Feed Provider
Pretty much every shipper was closed on Monday 12/26 in recognition of the holiday since it fell on a Sunday this year. FedEx still moved packages in parts of their network but I believe drop locations were closed and packages placed for pickup would not have been scanned into the network. UPS had no package movement at all, and USPS was closed entirely as well.

I understand high dollar purchase anxiety, but I would extend a little bit of grace here before burning someone to the ground over not getting a package shipped out on the day after Christmas.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
We got no mail delivery yesterday, perhaps USPS was off? Deliveries are slow this week. Hope the transaction goes well.

USPS was closed on DEC 26. It was a Federal holiday. when a holiday falls on the weekend, the Federal Holiday is the Monday after that (been that way for at least decades). USPS follows the Federal holiday schedule.

fredva

Feed Provider
I don't blame you for wanting to pay in a secure way but consider the possibility that when he agreed to ship on the 26th, it might not have occurred to him that it was a federal holiday. Give him a little bit more time because of that.

NC1

While it could not be shipped yesterday due to it being a holiday, he should have at least sent you some communication stating the circumstances. I do not know if they are printing out a label at home, in which case there would at least be a tracking number available, or if they are paying at the shipper's location.

The lack of communication is a valid cause for concern for sure, but you are protected by PayPal in case things go south. Hope it works out.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Shipper may not have known it was an official holiday until he pulled on the locked door of his chosen shipper.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I'd give him a day or two because USPS is closed on the 26th this year and the day after Christmas is usually chaos anyway. Otherwise, turn it over to PayPal. If you used the "Goods and Services" option, you should be covered.
Thankfully he paid using Goods and Services.
Seller fails to produce valid tracking number showing shipping acceptance within 7 business days, file an item not received. Eventually, buyer will get 100 percent of their funds returned once PayPal investigates. Usually this takes up to 2 weeks. Be prepared to actually get PayPal on the phone if the seller gets ghost.

It is a holiday, that being said, I somehow managed to get two radios I sold on QRZ out today. Some people make excuses, some people get stuff done.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Seller fails to produce valid tracking number showing shipping acceptance within 7 business days, file an item not received. Eventually, buyer will get 100 percent of their funds returned once PayPal investigates. Usually this takes up to 2 weeks. Be prepared to actually get PayPal on the phone if the seller gets ghost.

Best advice yet.

I'm in communication with the OP and if there's any updates, I'll unlock the thread and let the OP update everyone.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Since you are in Iowa I’d watch out for this guy…

He has been scamming people for a long time. He’s a bad seed and is still out there…

Status
Not open for further replies.