Bexar County Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
That was a good read... how many hands do you think shot up after page 37?

They did a pretty good job of breaking it down for the beat officers who only care that it works and will follow a dispatcher's advice to switch talkgroups.

Thanks NC.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I like how they say the "Common" channel in all radios is not a Bullsh** channel. They use that channel now for the weekly Alamo Area Regional Interoperabality check in net patched to SA 5 on the LCRA P25 system. I also heard from my friend with Bexar County that most of the county guys have had SAPD channels well before 2011. I think now it is just that all users with the county or any agency using the system has access now.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Yep, a lot of new users in the past few years who are getting reprogrammed with the common channels. I liked the "no bullsh*tting" comment also. I'm glad they're going about this in a proper manner and will be using interop talkgroups every now and then to get radio users used to finding them in their lineups.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah i think the SWAT thing in Comfort last week Bexar county was patched to Kendall Ops 1..I did not catch what group it was patched to on the BC system but I assume it was the "Common" channel or one of the SA talkgroups. I know Schertz has worked and incident with BCSO on the Bexar Law talkgroup on the P25 side awhile back and the patched worked perfect, even Eagle was on the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.