BIA/Federal Listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
So as some time has been freed up, im back to slowly getting the trunked database back to standards.. few questions as I am not in state as often...

DCI - under Federal Law Enforcement - What is DCI exactly? Is its even federal? I don't see this as a federal agency...

BIA - There is quite a few talkgroups labeled as BIA with no description - and its pretty unusal (compared to other BIA areas) to see so many TG's..

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
You need to tell us where you are looking. One use is "Digital Communications Interface". Another in some states (non-Federal) is "Department (or Division) of Criminal Investigations" and if it is in their Department of Justice, it may be confused with Federal.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
If you check the forum you are replying in - it would make sense...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just googled "South Dakota DCI" and the answer was pretty self-evident.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Yes you could, and yes it’s been done. However in that part of the country there are many other little known agencies that operate and ensuring that the correct information is in there and verified is the proper way to go - or if an agency was mislabeled considering it was lumped in with several obvious identified federal agencies.

ecps92

Are we looking here ?
As I don't find a DCI, except as part of the Alpha Tag of TSA RapidCit

So as some time has been freed up, im back to slowly getting the trunked database back to standards.. few questions as I am not in state as often...

DCI - under Federal Law Enforcement - What is DCI exactly? Is its even federal? I don't see this as a federal agency...

BIA - There is quite a few talkgroups labeled as BIA with no description - and its pretty unusal (compared to other BIA areas) to see so many TG's..

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
BIA aka Bureau of Indian Affairs. That is a list used by that department which is part of the Department of the Interior. Those frequencies are given to the Indian tribes so they can use them for fire,police, transportation and plus some of the BIA agents think federal police officers on tribal land or the roads running thru tribal land depending on the tribes treaty with uncle sam.. You will not find that agency here on the east coast very much but it is really well known out in the midwest and west. Just like BLM is not known in the eastern part of the usa ..

nolinger

Premium Subscriber
And as far as the BIA talk groups, I hear very little from any of them. However, I am probably too far away to get them from a site they may use. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.