• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bicyclist being hit by a car on COPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scram

I saw it last night too, the seasons opener really kicked off with a bang.. =O

He had to have flown 10 - 13 feet high 20~ feet far.. that was a slam
=O

I have it on my DVR, so when I decide I want to hook it up and move all my shows over here I will upload and link it =P

SCPD

brandon said:
I saw it last night. That must have been scary to witness.

I seen it too. Ive watched cops for many year and ive never seen a vehicle vs. ped caught on camera. ive seen pelnty of episodes were they came upon the aftermath of one, but nothing like that.

CLTX11

Well, I wish I seen it. I didnt even know about all the new episodes til I looked em up. I always watch the others.

brandon

Database Admin
Was last night the start of the new season?
I like them starting it off with Riverside County Sheriff. Hope to see more footage of them.

funcritter

Saw it last night. I had to rewind it to actually make sure thats what I saw because the camera caught the entire thing. I have never missed a single episode of cops since day one. Good show.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
brandon said:
I like them starting it off with Riverside County Sheriff. Hope to see more footage of them.

Ya, :lol: Always good to see the hoodlems in the 909..I miss it out there...

car2back

haha, that's crazy! Almost as crazy when a guy in a bike ran into MY car 2 weeks ago and did $6,500 of damage :roll:

CLTX11

Thanks for the link.

That officer should did keep his cool throughout the ordeal. That was however you wanna view it, the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time, man that was insane.

Scram

Yeah, last night was the start of Season 19.
=D

Damnit, I hit the DEL button on my DVR instead of the other button that is not DEL :-| I lost the first epsiode, noo.. oh well.
Bah.

I was surprised that the cameraman caught that, most of the good stuff they are a few steps behind, or they weren't in the right direction but this they were lookin right at it.

And the ladies excuse 'ohhh he just went right infront of me!'
She was going like what, 45 or 50... You're supposed to YEILD and move over to a emergency vehicle, not blow by it where you're at a speed so fast you cant stop! She shouldn't be allowed to drive, that's how cops get hit from behind.. and hit on the side of their car.. darn goobers.

Last edited:

car2back

I like the 30+ second delay before he actually checks the poor guy :roll:

he did do a good job of keeping his cool and requested EMS right away, though.

Scram

Well he had to deal with his collar, than this nut plows someone down..
Even if he ran over there right away there's really nothing he could have done to help the guy, CPR if anything but for the cop to move him is some liablility issues, right?,,

Go-24

Wow!

Im sure it was a big surprise, but to me the officers "cool" seemed more like he was just lost. Though there was little he could do he could have first checked on the guy hit instead of moving the car that hit him.

I would guess the guy on the bike swerved to the left to avoid the stopped car, and the lady was rubber necking and didnt see the guy on the bike who came into her lane/line of traffic.

RolnCode3

Go-24 said:
Im sure it was a big surprise, but to me the officers "cool" seemed more like he was just lost. Though there was little he could do he could have first checked on the guy hit instead of moving the car that hit him.
What are you talking about? He didn't seem lost at all. He immediately called for medical help, got the vehicle out of the road, and made sure he didn't get hit. You're right...there's no real worries in checking on the guy in the first few seconds, because there isn't much to do except CPR (and delaying 20 seconds to make sure the officer doesn't get killed is a GOOD idea). He's not a medic...he's a cop.

I watched a ped get hit and go over the roofline of a van. Call for medical, and make sure nobody else gets hurt. Pretty much what this officer did. And that's my professional opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.