Biden in East Htfd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Anyone listening in? He is doing lunch somewhere in town with Dudd's wife and then going to a rally at the Police Station.

I'm 1/2 mile away from the complex, and of course I forgot to bring my GRE scanner today, so I'm stuck with my old Sportcat 150 uniden.:mad:

So far the EH traffic is changing ops slightly to no tone-outs. Local depts doing mut-aid coverage so the EHFD can do the rally it seems too.

Dodd will be a no-show at his own party
By Daniela Altimari on December 11, 2009 10:00 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)
Vice President Joe Biden is coming to town today to raise money for Chris Dodd but the senator won't be attending his own party.

He's stuck in Washington working on the health care overhaul and other pressing governmental business.

"Unfortunately, because of the possibility of votes on the Senate floor today, Senator Dodd will be unable to join Vice President Biden in Connecticut,'' Dodd spokesman Bryan DeAngelis said in an email to reporters this morning. "The Senator's wife, Jackie Clegg Dodd, will fill-in for Senator Dodd.''

Biden is slated to appear at a lunchtime fundraiser at the Connecticut Science Center in Hartford. He will also visit East Hartford fire department headquarters, which received a $3.39 million federal stimulus grant to replace an aging firehouse in town.

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Got to see the motorcade go right by my office window. Pretty neat!

Lots of police getting OT today:D CSP helicopter is flying around low also.

Status
Not open for further replies.