Biden to use Gordons Pond for Marine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

Found this article about Joe Biden using Gordon Pond in Hanalopen State Park, to land Marine One. That being said doesn't Marine One need to come up on 123.0 (DE Coastal CTAF) to announce it's in the airspace? Also like when Trump was at his houses, I suspect DC CAP K(260.9000) will be very active during the summer months. Something to keep an ear on

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Found this article about Joe Biden using Gordon Pond in Hanalopen State Park, to land Marine One. That being said doesn't Marine One need to come up on 123.0 (DE Coastal CTAF) to announce it's in the airspace? Also like when Trump was at his houses, I suspect DC CAP K(260.9000) will be very active during the summer months. Something to keep an ear on
There is no requirement for aircraft not landing at a facility to self-announce on its CTAF, but for general awareness pilots will monitor it when in the area. They might announce their position relative to the airport if it might be relevant to other aircraft in the pattern, or about to depart. You *may* want to monitor Dover or Atlantic City Approach.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I'd assume there'd be a TFR veil sorrounding the whole area so listening to the local terminal radar controller frequency would be the best bet, likely they will announce to the controller after liftoff

Status
Not open for further replies.