Big Cat on the Loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Determined to be a large dog rather than a lion.

Not determined to be anything since it hasn't been caught. One "expert" going on nothing more than a fuzzy photo says it looks like a dog. Others looking at the same fuzzy photo say it's a lion. DOW has said that the paw prints found were too big to be a dog. No one really knows what it is/was. DOW and USDA certainly not treating the incident like it was just a dog.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
From the picture it doesn't look like any big cat, looks kinda like a husky, but if they said the prints are that big. Guess the real question is whose it belong to?

Last edited:

Blogger

I have owned a Neopolitan Mastiff, a Japanese Tosa (another mastiff) and a Saint Bernard... I am pretty famillar with giant breed dogs.... It doesn't look like any dog to me.

hoser147

Ive seen more dogs than lions, but Id vote for the lion, Ive never seen a dog that looked that much like a lion, the tail looks different to say the least as does the head. Time will tell, as far as private owners, with the liability they would probably say that their lions are all accounted for too...........Hoser

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Comparing that picture to other pictures of lions I've seen, its got to short and big around of a tail for a lion, its kinda fat too, but yes time will tell, we hope.

Blogger

Only thing It could be is an English Mastiff... But the head doesn't look right

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
It does kinda look that way after looking through some pics on google, maybe a mix breed, hell maybe the resident got a picture of something else. :)

hoser147

Just seems like a heck of a response for a sighting, around here they would send a car and the others may get nosey and come look to but it wouldn't get far unless confirmed or reported by someone unpeckable. It would be interesting for a poll as they have, I really hope it is a dog...........Hoser

cl

A few years ago there was a Mountain Lion spotted in a tree at Marston Lake near Grant Ranch in Littleton. They never found it and determined it was a "Great Dane" that had climbed a tree.

:)

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
The ears and club tail, to ME, resemble a large cat. This quartering away shot is tough though. Fur looks thick (as if being accustomed to colder weather).

Shouldn't be too hard of a shot when they do find it...

Man, cats taste SO good, hope it's not too gamey for the DOW fellas who get to enjoy it...

utlchris

A few years ago there was a Mountain Lion spotted in a tree at Marston Lake near Grant Ranch in Littleton. They never found it and determined it was a "Great Dane" that had climbed a tree.

:)

Oh Yeah we get calls on "Great Dane's" climbing trees all the time :lol:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Everyone who lives in those parts has got a big dog or has a neighbor who has one. For the locals to say it's not a big dog has got to count for something. But...

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I thought they had determined that it was some families large dog (forgot the breed) that had been AWOL all day. I guess I heard wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.