Big ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8KNX

Premium Subscriber
I have one of those Regency Monitoradios... what do you use as an antenna for it?

ChiefBillB

The Regency receiver is a FLIGHT MONITORADIO (108-136MHz). I have two discones, one in the attic and one in the garage (HOA won't allow visible antennas), and I also have a couple of "Slinky" PVC enclosed antennas hanging behind the wall unit. A splitter off the garage antenna feeds most of the receivers and old crystal units. The attic unit feeds the BC898T and BCD396XT. The two handheld Bearcats are a THINSCAN BC TWO-FOUR H/U and a BC FIVE-SIX. The THINSCAN is like new (seller claimed it was NOS, but no box or packing), and I got it with the leather case, both antennas, original wall wart P/S, and an original manual.

ChiefBillB

Sorry, I must have been dozing when I replied to Bucko's question. What looks like a Bearcat One-Four is actually a BC-W weather radio from 1976. And it works better than the new "Stormtracker" radios. A One-Four would be a welcome addition to the desk.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
What's the model of the vintage Bearcat that's in the middle on the bottom row of the shelf? That was my VERY FIRST scanner and have been trying to find one to buy on eBay. It was a hand-me-down from my mother, after my father gave it to her when he joined the fire department.

Status
Not open for further replies.