big new on csp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
$7.2mil spread out across Police, Fire, EMS, OEM doesn't really go all that far. Norwich alone needs more than $8mil to upgrade its radio system and that is just one small city .

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
it just looks like a small upgrade not that major if they wanted to do go encrypted they could have years ago. and if they do i know alot of town will also ***** up a storm

APX7500X2

$7.2mil spread out across Police, Fire, EMS, OEM doesn't really go all that far. Norwich alone needs more than $8mil to upgrade its radio system and that is just one small city .

They are getting ripped off. New Brittan just did a 3 site Simulcast system with in building portable coverage and included all city services for just under 4 mil. That's a brand new mobile radio for every public works, fire, police, Ems and city vehicle and 400 portables.

Inflation price from when they bought it would be around 4.6mil now

matt04

Premium Subscriber
A lot of secondary troop tgs are encrypted. Most primary dispatch tgs are not. As far as I know

I have heard Troop C go to their secondary "car to car" TG in the clear on a few occasions. Might vary by troop or incident if they use encryption, but I only see 2 or 3 encrypted TGs listed in the DB.

edit

According to the DB only some narcotics, criminal investigations, a few emergency services and a DMV TG are encrypted. None of the listed troop TGs are encrypted.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I listen to system police on occasion and they are never encrypted on the troop or car to car,the only ones that are encrypted are the ones that are listed as encrypted as Matt04 stated.i don't know if they have the ability to encrypt the troops and Car to car and the east,central and west talk groups.the reason I say that is I was monitoring troop a and the west and east zones back in December of 2012 and I heard the entire communications all day in the clear when the sandy hook shooting was going on, that would be one incident I would think they would of encrypted not knowing if there were other suspects at large,some of the graphic communication I heard ripped my heart out. So I don't know if they can turn on encryption on a particular channel at a moments notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.