Big wreck out west, 5 30's being reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Somewhere out west @ 129th, still having wrecks from people not slowing down at the scene.

mfolta1

worst wreck ive ever seen! 6 dead.the one car looked like it went thru a grinder and then set on fire....very sad.

Medic32

yeah it wasnt pretty, 6 thirtys. woulda been 8 but 2 of them got lucky and had bystanders pull them out

car2back

talked to a OCSO deputy that was out there.... he says it was the most horrible MVA he's ever worked!

CommShrek

tomokla said:
who was actually there?

Are you asking who from the forum here was physically on scene or are you asking which agencies were there working the scene?

Chaos703

Has anyone heard any updates on this story? I'm curious what caused it. I'm guessing the eastbound driver fell asleep?

This is so tragic. This is why I'm a radio geek instead of a trooper. I couldn't take the human tragedy of life. Thank God for those of you who clean up these messes and work to prevent them.

I really mean that.

mfolta1

east bound driver fell asleep NOT!

i dont want to burn any bridges so i will just say that there is alot more evidence from the car at fault and its passengers that whn its all made public many people will be upset. the 4 innocent kids who died were great cleancut kids and nothing points to them being in the wrong at all. the maggot who caused the wreck was just that,a maggot!. it was the worst wreck i have ever covered. the conditions of 4 of the 6 victims are not even worth mentioning in public forum. They pulled one of the passengers from the car at fault and tried to revive her at the scene but she was gone. i honestly wish that when the investigion is over that i could produce a psa commercial about the wreck and how it ended and send it to wherever and get it on the air to show people what certain things can lead to. i have seen the very worst of accidents over the years and i usually forget about them by the next day however this wreck has been in my thoughts every day since it happened.

Last edited:

CommShrek

mfolta1 said:
east bound driver fell asleep NOT!

i dont want to burn any bridges ....
'

I usually use high explosives on my bridges. :) Needless to say folks, the car that caused the crash was found to contain "a white powdery substance" I think is how it was described. Also, the driver and passenger of the car that caused the crash were both convicted felons I believe and the guy (driver) had just gotten out of prison recently for one of many convictions including...yep, you guessed it, drug possesion.

I don't think the medical examiner has released a toxicology report to the media yet. It didn't look good though.

mfolta1

there were 3 people in the car that caused the wreck. and there were things found after the wreck at different locations pertaining to one of the dead passengers in the car at fault.
the only survivor from that car at fault was taken to the hospital and you would be shocked to hear what was learned there. im sure one can only imagine at this day and age where when youve thought youve heard it all something else happens and takes the cake..

Chaos703

Mark,

Are you not allowed to release what you know, or is it just that you don't want to go over it again?

When I was in collage I drove like a freaking idiot. Then a friend of mine went garage selling and found one of the old "Blood on the Highway" Driver's Ed movies they use to make kids watch back in the 50s and 60s. That movie shocked some sense into me. I mean it REALLY worked.

I agree that incidents like these should be used for PSAs. Even if it would save lives, the grief-councelling libs would never allow it.

Too bad.

mfolta1

id like to release what i know but then the troopers would never tell me anything again, i happened to be at the scene after the trooper went to the hospital and came back and he told me what had been learned since the accident. theres really no criminal investigation going on since the driver who caused the wreck died but it would still be bad if i said it in public. i know the trooper very well and i will be seeing him this weekend and will ask if i can say what i know or not. i know they released a media statement about the white powder but what i was told had nothing to do with what was found at the scene in the car.it was all found at the hospital and in the notification process.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
mfolta1 said:
i know they released a media statement about the white powder but what i was told had nothing to do with what was found at the scene in the car.
Creeeeeeiek, You just opened the biggest door I've ever seen, do we get to look inside?

wyotrucker1

More than I wanted to know!

Unfortunately, I clicked on the link to the KTUL article about this accident. After reading the article, I clicked on the "related articles" link to see if I could find out more. About half way down the page, there was a story about a boat crash at Lake Texoma. Can you imagine my shock(almost fell out of my chair) when I read the names of a former employer(Gordon Mineo), his wife(Ann) and their daughter(Amy) that were killed. I worked for Gordon for about a year back in the early 90's as the crew chief of his fuel funny car. I've ridden in that boat many times. Gordon was a good friend, not always the greatest guy to work for, but, still a friend. Ann was a saint, she brought me lunch every day and always made sure we had plenty of food while we were at the race track. Amy was just about 10 or 12 back then. I'll miss them all.
Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.