BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Bigger Unit ID Displays On Trunked Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyC

I just picked up a BCD436HP and I really like it so far but there is one thing that is bugging me - The size of the unit IDs on trunked systems. For our statewide P25 system, I have over 9500 unit IDs alpha tagged, but it's difficult to see them on the 436.

I looked and can't seem to find a setting to toggle the way unit IDs are displayed. On the XT series, you can have the unit ID alternate with the talkgroup info. On the HP-1, the unit IDs can be set to display larger. Is there a setting in the 436 I'm missing to make them bigger?

If not - any chance of a firmware update to include a bigger display mode for unit IDs?

Thanks!

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Simple Solution, Time-Consuming

I just picked up a BCD436HP and I really like it so far but there is one thing that is bugging me - The size of the unit IDs on trunked systems. For our statewide P25 system, I have over 9500 unit IDs alpha tagged, but it's difficult to see them on the 436.

I looked and can't seem to find a setting to toggle the way unit IDs are displayed. On the XT series, you can have the unit ID alternate with the talkgroup info. On the HP-1, the unit IDs can be set to display larger. Is there a setting in the 436 I'm missing to make them bigger?

If not - any chance of a firmware update to include a bigger display mode for unit IDs?

Thanks!

After I downloaded things into my 436HP, I noticed the microscopic size of the fonts. Of course I am exaggerating. But, I moved my car seat forward in order to be closer to the radio. However, this did not dramatically improve my view. Hence, I went back into my Favorites and retyped everything in CAPS. Now, I can clearly see the alpha tags. I recommend putting every line in caps since it helps a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.