Billings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobsmith

Will Billing be moving to the statewide system? Also, why is their current system patched to an conv. frequency? What is the purpose? Most time when agencies move to a new radio system they dis abandon their old system. When they go digital will they patch the digital system to the LTR to the conv analog frequency? Thanks.

Will Billing be moving to the statewide system? Also, why is their current system patched to an conv. frequency? What is the purpose? Most time when agencies move to a new radio system they dis abandon their old system. When they go digital will they patch the digital system to the LTR to the conv analog frequency? Thanks.

I think that is for rebrodcasting possibly. As for patching the digital system to the LTR to the conventional I am not sure.

Lyndsay the Owner of radio reference would probably know that best since he goes there every once in a while to Montana.

JEDAmm

Billings P25

At this point the City of Billings system will NOT be integrated with the State of Montana Trunked system.

The City of Billings system will be a Phase 1 800 MHZ simulcast P25 system which is ISSI standards based. The Montana State wide system is a Phase 1 VHF P25 system which is not ISSI standards based and without an ISSI gateway would not be capable of interopperating together via the backhaul infrastructure.

Hope this clears up any misconfusion?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I have heard different people talk about radio reprogramming going on for Billings public safety. After asking a friend who works for a local radio shop, he confirmed that they are adding a P25 system to the existing EFJ radios. He would not confirm if encryption was being used on the new P25, but I doubt it due to current budget restrictions. Furthermore, Billings' FCC licensing is currently being modified for P25. I suspect that once they get the license mod, that they will change one of the repeaters to P25 and start migrating from the analog system. I am unsure how the dispatch system migration is going, but I suspect it is nearing completition as well. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.