Biloxi PD finally on EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Sad sad day... *sigh* :(

Apparently some time last week, around Wednesday or Thursday Biloxi Police moved their primary dispatch and communications to Harrison County's EDACS system. This had been in the planning stages for a few years now, and I had been not looking forward to this day.

Thursday I noticed that for several minutes I didn't hear ANY traffic on their channel (155.6400) which was very unusual. With an average of 15-20 units on the road per shift, and as busy as Biloxi is there is always something being said. Quiet moments only happen really early in the morning. So I discovered that some of the units I seen had 800mhz antennas mounted on the roof now. Something completely different.

I'm pretty sure they aren't using the digital. If anyone here scans Harrison County please listen out for anyone talking using the callsign 'biloxi'. chances are it's them.

I'm still struggling to find correct information on which frequencies to use, and in what order to put them in my 785D for Harrison County. If I could get that info, then I would be able to scan Gulfport Fire, Police, and Biloxi Police on my ONLINE SCANNER for everyone to listen to.

http://www.nexusradio.us/

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
A person that I know has a cousin on the Biloxi Police Dept., and according to him, they went "digital" last week. Now if this just means they got new radios or are using "ProVoice" is anyone's guess right now. However, one thing they love about the new radios are all the new talkgroups (channels) they have the ability to use.

73's

Ron

nexus

That could very well be. I programmed in the LCN's into my 785D, and I followed the instructions on scanning and yes I am hearing traffic on it now, but no Gulfport PD, and no Biloxi PD. I haven't heard anything but AMR, a fire department, and what sounds like public works.

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been listening to them for over 15 years now. I thought I'd be prepared for them to move to harrison county's system but I can't do anything now if they in fact went provoice.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The system is a mixed mode TRS. The ambulances and fire departments are clear voice, but I firmly believe all of the law enforcement agencies are using ProVoice digital. Nonetheless, this is really bad news for a lot of people who liked to listen to Biloxi PD.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.