Birdies

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtim

Howdy , tim here and yep newbie when it comes to trunking, how do I keep from getting the noise a constant noise on a 800 frequency that I have entered and also I am not picking up any of the talkgroup id's I have entered ? Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Howdy , tim here and yep newbie when it comes to trunking, how do I keep from getting the noise a constant noise on a 800 frequency that I have entered and also I am not picking up any of the talkgroup id's I have entered ? Thanks
Hi & welcome to RR.

Just a guess based on your short description, but it sounds as though you have entered your frequencies as conventional as opposed to trunking frequencies. Without knowing what radio you are talking about, it is impossible to give you a better answer.

DickH

You are probably hearing the control channel's data stream. Either, as Lou said, you entered the freqs. as conventional 800s or it is not trunking correctly.
By the way, a "Birdie" is an internally generated signal in the scanner, not something like you described.

Welcome to Radio Reference. You will find a wealth of knowledgeable people here if have any questions related scanners,hams, etc..

This is a great site and a wonderful tool to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.