Birmingham Fire Department monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

FF_EMTdrew

I would like to monitor Birmingham Fire & Rescue but I do not have their frequencies. I know they transmit on a 800mhz freq but I have heard they also dispatch on an analog channel as well. Does anyone have the frequencies or tell me how I could monitor the BFD? Thanks for any help!

n5ims

FF_EMTdrew

I appreciate your reply. However, the Birmingham City Fire Department does not have a frequency listed in the database. There are several other departments in Jefferson county listed just not Birmingham City

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
Birmingham Fire and Rescue

Birmingham Fire analog frequency 154.190.mhz has been out of service for about a year . The links provided by n5ims contains all the frequencies and talk groups for Birmingham Fire's digital system.....

Buy a digital scanner, they are worth it!

Just shortly after I bought mine and put it in the car it paid for its self pretty much. I was able to listen to JCSO SWAT team on a call in the chalkville area. Priceless!! and very fun to listen to!

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
Last edited:

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
They have a pending emission modification for either P-25, TRBO or NXDN or something else.
Emission Designators: 11K2F3E, 8K10F1E, 7K60FXE, 4K00F1E

Those designators are for narrowband FM; P25 Phase 1; MotoTRBO and 6.25 kHz NXDN, respectively.

Looks like they may want to convert to digital sometime in the future, but don't know what format they want to use. It is much easier to go ahead and have any emission designators that you may ever use coordinated and applied for all at once, than it is to add them as you need them.

They also applied for several new repeaters.

medic9351301

Banned
this is very strange info because the city of kimberly merged with warrior pd. warrior handles all their dispatch as for the fire they have been using 154.875. with the implementation of the new county dispatch center in the works who knows

medic9351301

Banned
look there is no sense in repeating the same question over and over again.

Birmingham fire's vhf frequency is DEAD DEAD!!!!!!

the only and i repeat ONLY way to hear them is with a digital scanner.

will this vhf ever come back who knows you can keep it in your radio but it gives a open dead key.

according to a bat chief over fire alarm its a voter issue he said "plans are to repair it " but that's been over a year ago.

so let it rest please
thank you

look there is no sense in repeating the same question over and over again.

Birmingham fire's vhf frequency is DEAD DEAD!!!!!!

the only and i repeat ONLY way to hear them is with a digital scanner.

will this vhf ever come back who knows you can keep it in your radio but it gives a open dead key.

according to a bat chief over fire alarm its a voter issue he said "plans are to repair it " but that's been over a year ago.

so let it rest please
thank you
What do you mean by "voter issue"?

medic9351301

Banned
they have several remote sites placed in various parts of the city,

when working the system would pick out the strongest signal and relay it back.

if that makes sense say a unit was out east each site would listen for the best signal. and relay it back.

i think the west voter is out.

the pd had the same system the west was at the old lloyd nolen hospital on to top of the building i saw that when we put a ham radio packet node up there man thats been a long time

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
your looking at a little over $400. If you read the feed notes, it might shed some light on that question.

puzzleriddle

older model pro 96/2096 sell used for around $225.00.& up, any newer scanner will be easiest to program with programming cable & Software. cable will be about $35 & software will be the same.all/most of the software will have a 30 Trial period.Rs has pro 197 on sale now for $379.00 same as I paid back in 2009.
* also I may add that GRE America the maker or RS scanners has closed their factory 2-3 months ago and ifs unknown when they will start producition of sny more , so accessories, scanners etc are coming harder to get.. so BUY now if ya can.. May be ONLY Uniden soon :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.