Birmingham frequencies and encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have recently contacted the Birmingham mayoral candidates hopefully it was somewhat convincing, I have read through the forums and was wondering if any frequencies are non encrypted I have heard about tow and jail but cannot locate frequencies for these I was hoping this wasn't too extreme for them to encrypt dispatch, this could easily be mentioned before or such so any moderators feel free to move I am not that experienced on the forums

medic9351301

Banned
the only stuff clear in birmingham pd is the wrecker dispatch . as for you question. the freqs are not enc its the talkgroups . example lets say you hear bpd west prec. on 123.456 (not a freq used) they use a enc talk group. they unkey and the system goes idle. then you hear bham fire on 123.456 and they are clear talk group. the system controller (basically a super modem) assigns freqs not talkgroups. thus a talkgroup can show up on any freq in the system. from what i have heard its not per say the actual department pushing the big E but its the 911 director . lets just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.