• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Birmingham / JCSO Digital System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
I know several may already know this but, in case there are some who aren't aware, you can use the Jefferson County control channels for the Birmingham TG's and visa-versa. At my home, the Birmingham control channels give me about 2 bars. When I use the Jefferson County control channels, I have full bars most of the time. You don't have the make any changes to the TG ID's for either Birmingham or Jefferson County.

Hope that helps.

Also, now that I have this new scanner I've been trying to get all the frequencies and TG's set up. I've noticed that a lot of the TG ID's in the database for the JC system are incorrect now that they have started sharing towers with Birmingham. I currently have identified 168 TG ID's for the combined system. Once I get everything set up, I would be glad to share them as well as send them to the database here.

CyberGoth1440

You are right about the tower sharing/control channel issue. I have found that if I use
the active Jefferson County (WNHV507) control channel, I can hear all talkgroups.
When using a Birmingham (WPZE311) control channel a radio has to be affiliated to
the site/zone I'm monitoring.
Here are a few unlisted ID's I have picked-up, I think I submitted them to RR Database
but I'm not sure.

Jefferson County Sheriff:
41200 TAC-1
41232 TAC-2
41264 TAC-3
41296 TAC-4
22896 "P-CALL" (all units go 10-41 on this analog TG)

Birmingham Police:
51856 VICE-1
51888 VICE-2
51920 VICE-3
51952 VICE-4

Status
Not open for further replies.