Birmingham PD on First 48 Feb. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
First 48 to Air Episode Highlighting the B.P.D. Homicide Unit

The First 48 TV show will air its first of several episodes which highlights the Birmingham Police Department’s Homicide Unit. The episode entitled, “Rattlesnake”, will air on Thursday, February 5th at 8:00 p.m. on A&E TV.

Chief A.C. Roper stated, “This is an excellent opportunity to highlight our hard working personnel and demonstrate the critical role community involvement plays in solving these horrendous crimes.”

Found this on the First 48 website:

In Birmingham, a community lives in fear after a teenager is senselessly shot in his apartment complex. Det. Eric Torrence and his team head out to the victim's neighborhood to help convince witnesses to speak, so they can bring the killer to justice and put the community back at ease.

Last edited:

smithw14

"BIRMINGHAM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Birmingham, join Lieutenant Praytor, Sergeant Noblitt, Detectives Williams, Anderson, Bristow, McCurdy, Morrow, Cotton, Jacobs, Tanks, Lucas and Torrence as they:

Investigate the murder of a victim found in the bed of his burnt out pick-up truck.
Trace the final route of a young man racing away from his killer after being shot in his car.
Discover the truth behind the murder of a man gunned down while driving home from work.
Crack open the story behind a shooting and car crash that leaves a young man dead at the wheel."

Yehaw! Can't wait! Hope Birmingham comes across well. Err...or, as well as it can being highlighted for it's homicides. :)

smithw14

Go Bham! My city is FAMOUS! Ha ha. Tuscon sure did have an interesting case tonight. Anybody know the schedule of when Birmingham is going to be appearing? Every Thursday at 8p, or are they spreading it out? I couldn't find much info on the show's website - just a bunch of jumbled show times and re-runs.

trace1

Well I watched it, for the first time (never have seen the First 48), thought it was a good show and made B'ham PD look pretty good!

dave911

Premium Subscriber
I watched it, too, and really enjoyed it. It was great to see a side of BPD that we never get to see. I can't wait for the next one! My favorite part was the tough guy sitting in the interview room crying. Get real, dude.

"I'll confess if I can just go home." Yeah, looks like that worked out for you.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Awesome! Can't wait to catch you in the background saying, "All units hold the radio"... or something less dramatic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.