TRX-1: Bit the bullet for the trx-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5UFO

Premium Subscriber
Well I bit the bullet and bought the trx-1 and all seems great with the reception and audio. Are there any perks I need to fiddle with or is it all self explanatory? I'm using ez scan to tinker with the led but other than that I'm not seeing too much else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kc2kth

I'd pay close attention to the update process the first couple of times you do it. The order is quite important it seems.

The only other suggestion I have is to not put too large of an SD card in the scanner. The larger the card, the longer the time to boot. I have a 32GB card in there (not that I need it, but I had it) and it takes FOREVER to boot.

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I found on NXDN and DMR trucking I bumped the delay to 4.1 using EZ-Scan. It seems to help track the conversations better.
Also follow USB rules on plugging and unplugging the USB cord from the scanner.
You will corrupt the card real fast if you don't.
I have found most things that can get goofed up can be fixed pretty easy.
It also seems your location will have a big effect on your reception of different trunking.
I read a lot of complaints on Radio Reference about drop outs and trunking not tracking.
I guess I'm lucky as I have had good luck on reception so far depending on weather sometimes.
Have fun with yours and enjoy.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
DTMaster,
Enjoy, your going to love the TRX1. It's an awesome scanner.

The only other suggestion I have is to not put too large of an SD card in the scanner. The larger the card, the longer the time to boot. I have a 32GB card in there (not that I need it, but I had it) and it takes FOREVER to boot.

hmmm.... I have a 8gb card in mine, and it takes FOREVER to boot! ;)

But that doesn't bother me too much, but what does bother me about boot up is the fact there is absolutely NO indication that you have powered it on, until about 3/4's of the "forever" passes and it beeps once. Since there is no backlighting until it is booted up fully, you can't see the display. I wish they would flash the LED, or backlight once or twice immediately when the power is turned on, before taking forever to boot up.

KI5UFO

Premium Subscriber
Everything is up and running great, no issues so far. Thankfully I don't have any dmr or nexdn close to me so that really won't be an issue for me. I'm surprised I've seen that many complaints with the reception as mine works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
The only glitch I've had is the micro USB connector on the side. Mine failed. Whistler service was AWESOME (very fast), so it ended up okay, but I may have gotten sloppy with popping the connector in and out.

When they replaced the board or connector, they provided a new USB cord and included a note on it that said politely to use only the new cord. So I don't know if there was a bad batch or what, but I've been far more attentive to slowly plugging it in and out.

I think you'll like the scanner. I travel a LOT and it's so nice to just enter a city and state and bam, have every thing loaded.

SCPD

QRT
With the USB connector replaced,does the USB cable they supply hang downwards? Mine always did.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.