Bit the bullet Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjplus6

Premium Subscriber
Since the sale was ending yesterday I went ahead and bought the Pro-164, added the 800mhz antenna and the USB/PC interface cable.
I'm wanting to hear Galveston County (Texas) specifically Santa Fe PD/Fire/EMS as well as Brazoria County Alvin EMS. (TxWARN)
I loaded the driver, went through and picked out the state, county, frequencies and talk groups that I want, imported them to #0 on the scanner last night. All seemed to be going well, with the exception I was getting everything from the two counties, not just the specific talk groups. Is that because I didn't close my bank ?? I also had the T icon on the top of the screen of the scanner. This morning, I don't have the T icon anymore and I'm not hearing a thing. What did I do? I've tried restoring the scanner to the "just of the box" setting, lol. Reloaded everything, and still nothing. What have I done wrong?
Thanks in advance y'all!
Jen

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Is the bank that you assigned the frequencies to activated? Say you had everything in bank 1, are you seeing the number one (1) in the top line of the display?

N1BHH

Make sure that you have the primary and secondary control channels set up in the first place, they should be the first couple frequencies. Set the mode setting for them to Motorola in the frequency list, set the bank by opening the settings tab, and select Motorola for the bank you placed the frequencies. Be sure to save the file and then send it to the radio. After that be sure to press the number corresponding to the bank to activate it, while it's scanning. Load the file to the radio while it is on.

Last edited:

jnjplus6

Premium Subscriber
Here's what I have been doing so far. I open the ARC300, got the the INTERNET tab and hit the RR import. I put in my user name and password, search Texas, then Galveston County. Then I hit the TRUNK SYSTEMS tab. I scroll through to the TxWARN Motorola and then hit view. I have a total of 26 sites and 1667 Talk Groups. I am selectings both Brazoria Co and Galveston Co on the sites section and then go over the Talk Groups section and choose the specific talk groups I want. Is that correct so far???? I go and choose a bank to import usually #0, then hit import. Then I connect the scanner to the pc and port it to the scanner. What am I not doing correctly? I'm sure it's something. I really don't want to listen to everything in Galveston or Brazoria Counties, just the specific stuff, like all of Santa Fe and Alvin EMS. The last 24 hours messing with this is starting to fry my blonde brain.
Thanks y'all!

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I think I see what you might be doing wrong. After you select what you want to import, you are now importing this information to the SOFTWARE (ARC 300), and NOT yet to the scanner. After you import the info to the software, save the file. Then connect the scanner to the computer and import the contents of the file to the scanner. It sounds like you are trying to import the systems directly from radioreference to the scanner, when you need to import the information to the software first.

jnjplus6

Premium Subscriber
No, I'm hitting IMPORT to the ARC 300, both conventional frequencies and the trunked. Trying yet again. Putting the conventional in #0, then the trunked in #1. Do I need to do anything to the settings in each bank? I thought the the T icon stayed on throughout the scanning if you have trunked sources loaded in the scanner. Thank y'all so much for your suggestions and patience. ;-)

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
After you import what you want, are you seeing this in the software? Check to ensure it's all there, then save the file. After this is done, connect the scanner and upload the file to the scanner. If you are following these steps, in the correct order, everything should be working.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro 164 scanner but I use Win 97 for programming. If possible can you upload the file you are attempting to load into the scanner? maybe someone who uses that software can help?

jnjplus6

Premium Subscriber
Since it's a BIN file, I can't upload it. I suppose I would need to change it to another format? lol
Okay, I imported the site groups (2) and the talkgroups(19 of them) to the software under bank #0, then uploaded it to the scanner. The scanner has the #0 blinking, says, scanning down and the Texas Wide Area on the bottom. But there's nothing, I know our wonderful PD would be running someone's ID, lol. If I have it set in "closed mode" then it only scans the talk groups I have correct?
Could it be broken?

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it's all there in the scanner, but can you verify that the file has uploaded to the scanner? At this point I don't think I can help any more without seeing the file, and that won't happen.

Michael-SATX

jnjplus6, go to starrsoft.com ( Don Starr's program is GREat .. get it ? ... GRE OEM'd the RS Pro-164 )

Next, download the WIN97 zip file and when you get that WIN97 program running ...
Then, in WIN97, drop down on "Configuration",/ "Serial Port" / 1st try picking your last Comm port 5 ?
Next, drop down on "Scanner" scroll down to "Download from Pro-164" and see it come to WIN97.
Then stare at it all ... next email the file to either myself or Junior08 so we can lQQk at your config !

Again the odd thing is that you got it trunking just fine the first time and now nothing ...
Well as they say ... the Devil is in the Details .... More of us here I'm sure use WIN97 / Pro-164

You will need to send it to my personal email mr442@att.net and then PM mail when you did that
and I will take a lQQk at your goings on ... hint I might tweek it .. you've been warned .. lol

Michael-SATX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.