Bixby, Glenpool, Jenks possible change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulsey

Premium Subscriber
There were some stories about the possibility of Bixby, Glenpool and Jenks contracting with the Tulsa County Sheriff to do policing in their cities. Since all three are now EDACS, and TCSO is on the Tulsa Trunking system, that would mean some changes in radios.
. If the present officers became deputies and the cars went to TCSO, then it would seem they would have to be equipted with the Motorola radios. With those officers were part of TCSO, eventually they would transfer all over the county and other deputies would eventually patrol those cities.
I wonder how they would affect communicating with the fire units in those cities that would still be on EDACS. Of course all that interdepartmental communication was a big selling point of trunking, but in reality seldom happens since most fire units will just relay information through their dispatchers who will pass it on to police
. On the surface, those three cities seem ideal for such a change especially since it looks like all three city limits are just in Tulsa County. Since the city limits of Tulsa, Broken Arrow and Sapulpa are in several counties I wonder if having a county sheriff take over policing would be more difficult to set up. After all the talk about TPD, city hall and TCSO, it was sort of a surprise to me to see Bixby, Glenpool and Jenks looking at it. I remember years ago it was often done in some cities in California
If this were to come about, would the cities still get revenue from tickets written in their city limits by deputies?
These revenue short times are causing a lot of rethinking in all city governments.
It sure would be easier to listen to what is going on in these towns on Motorola trunking instead of missing everything if they switch the new unscanable version of EDACS

peterjmag

Ahhhh in the eyes of a scanner listener this may all fall in the wish casting category and be ideal. Would it ever happen, that remains to be seen. Until then I see the Cloudy Sky I mean OpenSky taking the threshold of these smaller towns that drank the EDACS Kool Aid. Ohh well...

N5TWB

This concept has already been scotched mere days after they floated that trial balloon. I do like your thinking on the radio front, though. I especially appreciate it after fooling around trying to program that BGJ EDACS mess on my ancient Pro-95.

Status
Not open for further replies.