Bizarre vehicle vs. Power Pole DUI crash in Weld County

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Weld County Sheriff's Deputies are responding to a "hit-and-run" involving a vehicle vs. Power pole, possibly near Gateway and/or 18th Street in Weld County. Initial reports indicated several parties' attempted to prevent other intoxicated parties from getting in a vehicle. However, the intoxicated parties' apparently did get in a vehicle and thereafter promptly crashed into a power pole, apparently causing the power pole to fall over. Then the vehicle caught on fire, and 4 parties' were seen running from a burning vehicle, and one party was carrying someone else as they were running. It appears the parties' may have "fled" to a nearby apartment complex. This is the kind of story you could never make up. No doubt they will have to call a mutli-agency K-9 search to find these geniuses...:roll:

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps I spoke too early. Evidently there is an active perimeter search established with Greeley PD assisting, comms are moving to WINTAG 6. Sadly it appears that WINTAG 6 is not currently coming through on Adams Simulcast (which is my only "link" to Weld County, from where I live), I guess there's nobody with a radio on that channel affiliating with Adams Simulcast at the moment...:(

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Did someone die in this accident?
I have no clue yet, it sounds like they might have caught at least some of the suspects/involved parties'. Also, I'm not sure if they ever moved to WINTAG-6 (can someone verify this??), I've been hearing periodic incident-related traffic on Weld SO Primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.