• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BK KNG-M150 Contrast

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalleye3

I have one BK M150 and the screen is stuck in some sort of high contrast mode, I have 5 other radios that have the same code plug and this is the only radio with this problem. Looking through the RES and radio options there is no option for contrast. anybody else come across this issue?

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
I don't have an M150, but can you just press the MENU button, scroll to CONTRAST, and fix it that way? That's how it works on my KNG-P400.

jwalleye3

No, there is no option for contrast. There is an option for brightness but that needs to be set to the brightest setting to see the screen at this point.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Depending on the version of RES you're running, there should be a way to add a CONTRAST setting to the main menu. Again, my version of RES (5.5.9) is almost certainly not the same as yours, but this may still assist:

Click on the MENUS button in the config section--it's near the top on my version
config.jpg

Then enable the Contrast setting in the pulldown menu.
menu pulldown.jpg

Write it to the radio, and then you should now be able to set your contrast from the main menu.

Hope that helps--perhaps someone with the exact radio and RES version may have something more specific.

jwalleye3

Depending on the version of RES you're running, there should be a way to add a CONTRAST setting to the main menu. Again, my version of RES (5.5.9) is almost certainly not the same as yours, but this may still assist:

Click on the MENUS button in the config section--it's near the top on my version
View attachment 116843

Then enable the Contrast setting in the pulldown menu.
View attachment 116844

Write it to the radio, and then you should now be able to set your contrast from the main menu.

Hope that helps--perhaps someone with the exact radio and RES version may have something more specific.
I have the RES 5.8.9, there is a contrast setting for the BKR5000 and KNG2 but when I select the M150 that option goes away. Thanks for the assistance and hopefully like you said someone with the same radio/RES has some insight.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
You guys all should upgrade to 5.8.17 due to a major security issue on previous versions. I don't see contrast in .17 either.

Jim

quality617

I have one BK M150 and the screen is stuck in some sort of high contrast mode, I have 5 other radios that have the same code plug and this is the only radio with this problem. Looking through the RES and radio options there is no option for contrast. anybody else come across this issue?
Having that issue with an M150 right now. Tried updating to 5.5.0s using 5.5.9 software, no luck. Watching this thread.

rsmith7799

Not to be a debbie downer but BK has told me that all their energy is put on the BKR 9000. I've sent in requests for changes and they have fallen by the wayside.

Status
Not open for further replies.