• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BK KNG2-P800 battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Well on a follow up I now own 2 brand new critical battery 3600mAh batteries. Now i really miss my 2200mAh battery.
So if anybody out there has a new or close to new 2200mAh battery and to do a swap for a high cap feel free to PM me.
Thanks
Please keep us posted on how the Critical 3600mAh batteries perform... I didn't know any better and bought my 3600 at the BK Radio Store online. I have no complaints--especially with the new smart charger. I do like that Critical sent you a free replacement battery latch--I had to break down and buy the latch and spring for $15 and another $12 for shipping! I'll have to try Critical out next time I need a battery. Thanks for the info.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
It was not the battery latch they sent, it was a whole new battery.
I was surprised as well. I told him the reason for reaching out was to see if any changes in the manufacturing process had been done. The after market battery community for BK radios is small. So my options were limited. I went into it not expecting it to be replaced. I talked to the rep. Very nice guy named Dave Patterson. We actually got on a long conversation about batteries and even though my battery purchase was July of 2018 they had no problem sending me a replacement battery. I also provided them with pics of the label and the latch area where the plastic was flaking off.
So yes above and beyond customer service from them and at that point i opted to also buy a battery from them to sort of show my loyalty

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Thanks for the heads up @gtaman New firmware has been installed / software has been updated on my device and let the testing begin.

gtaman

Thanks for the heads up @gtaman New firmware has been installed / software has been updated on my device and let the testing begin.

Some things are broken. Still can’t disable GPS. I check the box write the radio and it’s still on. If you read the radio again it unchecks the box. This is the same with the daylight savings box and setting time from trunking system. I’ll send an email today....

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
On the main screen, on the right side Voice/Mic Preferences, the drop down menu for Tone Volume Settings i always set to Low but it often reverts back to Knob Selectable. So thats still there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.