• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BK radio kng p upgrade firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
My radio currently has 5.5.0E
The latest is 5.5.0P.

Will I have any issues running the update? I do currently use neovision and I also has RES 5.5.0 so from what I've read once I upgrade I have to use RES if I want to change any settings or program in anything via PC. Is this correct ?

The radio I have is factory mint in everyway and I don't want to risk bricking it but lately it has been slow especially when pressing any menu items. It takes a good 1.5 seconds when pressing zone or menu etc. I don't believe this radio is supposed to have this way as it should be instant

I believe you should be fine. I've jumped a few up in the past with no issues. I'm pretty sure you would need to use RES to do any updates or programming after that point.

When you go to do the update, I can never remember how to put the radio into upgrade mode. So for the refresher, with the radio off, hold down the PTT button and turn it on. The top light should blink and would thence ready to update via the lightning program.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I believe you should be fine. I've jumped a few up in the past with no issues. I'm pretty sure you would need to use RES to do any updates or programming after that point.

When you go to do the update, I can never remember how to put the radio into upgrade mode. So for the refresher, with the radio off, hold down the PTT button and turn it on. The top light should blink and would thence ready to update via the lightning program.
How do you like the RES software?
Does it have the same settings that Neil vision has? Like for example when you first program the radio if you don’t uncheck the Nerrowbanding option your radio won’t do it

I also would like to be able to turn off the button beeps on the radio but I don’t see it an option at this time and Neovision

I personally like it. It is well laid out and easy to navigate. Its been so long since I’ve used NeoVision I would say yes it does-plus some more features. Your existing neovision (kaa0732) serial number will work to allow you to download RES (kaa0733) from the BK website so you could easily do that and just play around with it some. dupli your .neo file with your codeplug and import it into RES and you can get a feel for how it’s laid out and flows.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Your existing neovision (kaa0732) serial number will work to allow you to download RES (kaa0733) from the BK website so you could easily do that and just play around with it some. dupli your .neo file with your codeplug and import it into RES and you can get a feel for how it’s laid out and flows.
did all that since my last post LOL

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
There’s a surveillance option but no settings for that I figure that could be a shortcut to turn off the beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.