Black Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner-geek

Anyone got any info on a small black helicopter that was seen landing and taking off at the Boston Coast Guard Station today?

I don't know much about helicopter models, but it did not appear to be Coast Guard, Medflight, or State PD. I believe it was a Hughes. It was small (maybe a 2 seater), all black with minimal to no markings, and pretty badass looking. It was not a blackhawk and it didn't appear to be air national guard or military.

I am assuming it was federal law enforecement, perhaps customs or DEA, but I really have no idea. Close call and federal band searching yielded no hits.

Any thoughts?

Scannergeek

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Check this site for a list of the current USCG aircraft. If it isn't one of those- the site also has the USAF, USA, USN, USMC, and CBP aircraft.

One big clue- if it had an N-Number then it didn't belong to the military (or USCG). If it did have an N-Number it could be federal, state or privately owned. If you can find the N-Number search the FAA site here to find its owner.

Maine45

Anyone got any info on a small black helicopter that was seen landing and taking off at the Boston Coast Guard Station today?...I am assuming it was federal law enforecement, perhaps customs or DEA, ..

It was "The Flying Santa"

No, really: Friends of Flying Santa

Click on "News" and scroll down. You will see him from earlier this year in his evil black MD520 helo, tail number N520HB.

Dick in Southern Maine

garys

Premium Subscriber
Santa goes all Tacticool and stuff. I like it.

Scanner-geek

Holy cow. There was a Christmas parade today and there was a Santa.

I am now officially in bizarro world.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The Coast Guard investigative responsibilities and activities have expanded immensely in recent years. I often hear very sophisticated surveillance activities inland, with nothing to do with lakes, or rivers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using a more diverse range of equipment than we're used to seeing in past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.