Black Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone else see these two (or more - I only saw 2) flying very low - VERY low - SE to NW over Twinsburg sometime arourd 2 or 3 PM I guess. Didn't note the time - just ducked! :)

SCPD

QRT
I've seen the powerline choppers. There's a stretch just a bit north of me. These guys didn't look like the ones I see on the powerlines. Two of them flying not along the lines? I couldn't get to a camera in time and they were too low anyway the trees to my north blocked them. I'll have to check the PD.

SCPD

QRT
Another thing. I never hear the poweline choppers on 123.025 or 125.350. With all the heli traffic in and out of the Clinic here I'm surprised,. I hear the med choppers all the time.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Got an email the other day stating that First Energy would be out performing inspections and repairs of their wires with helicopters for about a week in the Streetsboro-Twinsburg area. A small portion of those wires go through the southern part of Aurora, so that's why I was copied. -in case the locals get nervous that aliens are attacking, I guess.

SCPD

QRT
I saw that one along the powerline that crosses Richmond and Broadway. These were not like that one. I have a blurry picture of the powerline one.

The ones I saw going right over my home had refueling probes on the right side of the nose, so they were definitively military. I looked thru pictures on the web but the closest thing I could find was a CH-53. Maybe, maybe not.

I just head a Sikorsky flight testing on 123.025 and with approach on 125.350.

SCPD

QRT
Maybe. I only saw them from the front and I thought the probe was more on the nose actually rather than off the side. I don't recall what the Army National Guard has at KCAK. Maybe theirs.

Last edited:

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
While at work on Friday, I saw what I believed to be a C-130 as well fly over Euclid... maybe the Nat Guard or Airforce is just stretching their wings a little bit?

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
The 910th Air Wing ANG flies C130's out of Youngstown Airport (Warren - Vienna Area) so its not out of the relm for them to be seen anywhere over NE Ohio.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
C-130s are used in refueling of helicopters, too. If there is an exercise going on, there could be one around for that purpose.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.