BLACK SHIRTS seem to be a concern to Law Enforcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
This is not intended to be a discussion on ANTIFA or politics. I'm simply asking if anyone else is monitoring such concern on their scanners in their area?

Listening to the scanner radio I hear very frequent talk indicating a concern regarding people wearing all black clothing and especially black shirts recently. I'm thinking it may be an indication of ANTIFA members and/or planned activity in the area. I frequently wear black shirts, both short and long sleeve. I'm thinking I should put them away for awhile!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Here protests are going strong over a new bill awaiting governor's signature, hearing LEOs concerned about people wearing masks (which is mandated by executive order in NC).

bobmich52

Well here in Hartford ct, The PD DUZ take a bit of more precaution when the clothing description is called in as totally black, always a 2 car call, but with a particular clothing description, A 3rd car is assigned if available

The protests causes here r from A2Z, I'm in the area of some of them, HPD has done a good job so far, All managed well

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I guess I found my answer from BBC Radio. Like I said, I think I'll put them away for awhile. :oops:

4 Why do they all dress in black?

Like other protest movements dating back to Cold War era West German anarchists, Antifa supporters will often dress all in black, sometimes covering their faces with masks or helmets so they can’t be identified by opposing groups or the police. It's an intimidating tactic – known as a "black bloc" – which also allows them to move together as one anonymous group. There are also offshoots - one Antifa group in Oregon said they also have a "snack bloc" of people who provide food and water for their allies during protests.
[source]

JDrisc3480

Here protests are going strong over a new bill awaiting governor's signature, hearing LEOs concerned about people wearing masks (which is mandated by executive order in NC).
I have been wondering how long it would take for law enforcement and security professionals to be concerned that people are wearing masks since they make it more difficult to identify possible suspects in a crime. I mean can you imagine getting a description from a witness and the only thing they remember seeing is the mask the person was wearing?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have been wondering how long it would take for law enforcement and security professionals to be concerned that people are wearing masks since they make it more difficult to identify possible suspects in a crime. I mean can you imagine getting a description from a witness and the only thing they remember seeing is the mask the person was wearing?
Wait until fall when 'hoodie' use really picks up again.

bobmich52

U must b a jets fan;)

sorry, 2 easy 4 us folks up here in NE, we have heard it all about BB

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Listening to the scanner radio I hear very frequent talk indicating a concern regarding people wearing all black clothing and especially black shirts recently.

At least you can listen to Law Enforcement.:(

bobmich52

550, not a coherent thought @ all

put urself on the front lines like me & many-more of our dedicated professionals, let’s see What ur undies look like after a night on the streets

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
This trend in the US goes back to Columbine High School and even before that, in somewhat less violent exhibitions of anti-social behaviours.

ChrisABQ

It's pretty easy to identify who the real agitators are. Black is not always needed, but total coverage of identifying body features, such as: long sleeves, hoodies, masks, glasses, gloves and chemical respirators. Cargo pants and especially back packs for the carrying of potential weapons and threat devices. This makes for a well armed and unidentifiable quick strike tactic that Antifa is becoming known for.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's pretty easy to identify who the real agitators are. Black is not always needed, but total coverage of identifying body features, such as: long sleeves, hoodies, masks, glasses, gloves and chemical respirators. Cargo pants and especially back packs for the carrying of potential weapons and threat devices. This makes for a well armed and unidentifiable quick strike tactic that Antifa is becoming known for.

Here in S.E. Michigan I hear chatter regarding camouflage and OD clothing, hoodies and cargo pants quite often called out on suspects from both dispatch and officers. In addition to wearing black I often wear long sleeves even in the summer! I live about ten miles from Selfridge ANGB so it's quite often to see people out and about in military clothing.

There's also a lot of on the air talk regarding people on bicycles and not because they're causing traffic problems, but because they're believed to be suspicious in some way. That makes sense as they provide a quick getaway.

I think I better buy a white cowboy hat! :)

bobmich52

Seal team six will cure all your problems there

Here in S.E. Michigan I hear chatter regarding camouflage and OD clothing, hoodies and cargo pants quite often called out on suspects from both dispatch and officers. In addition to wearing black I often wear long sleeves even in the summer! I live about ten miles from Selfridge ANGB so it's quite often to see people out and about in military clothing.

There's also a lot of on the air talk regarding people on bicycles and not because they're causing traffic problems, but because they're believed to be suspicious in some way. That makes sense as they provide a quick getaway.

I think I better buy a white cowboy hat! :)

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
A lot of the clothing description information is provided by the public, so YMMV on the accuracy of the information heard on a scanner.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
This is not intended to be a discussion on ANTIFA or politics. I'm simply asking if anyone else is monitoring such concern on their scanners in their area?

Listening to the scanner radio I hear very frequent talk indicating a concern regarding people wearing all black clothing and especially black shirts recently. I'm thinking it may be an indication of ANTIFA members and/or planned activity in the area. I frequently wear black shirts, both short and long sleeve. I'm thinking I should put them away for awhile!

Here where I live Security Cameras, Scanners are considered as OFFICER SAFETY issues. Gee, that camera might kill them.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Here where I live Security Cameras, Scanners are considered as OFFICER SAFETY issues. Gee, that camera might kill them.

Same here in Macomb County, Michigan. All four sides of my home are scanned by motion detectors and I have six cameras outdoors and five motion detecting lights. (I live on a corner with no fences) I called the PD to report some suspicious activity on our street about 3AM. The cop noticed some of my security devices and said..."What are you a drug dealer?" Seriously! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.